Damn Badtrans worm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Badtrans worm!

I'm getting mail slagged by those damn 40kb "mails"!!

Why do people only get a antivir program after they had had their computer amlost wiped out?

Last week we sold all off our copies of NAV 200X!

And to make it worse:

Most of those that bought a copy was customers that just last week woulden't buy a antivir because they thought that they'l never get a virus !!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Same here! Last week i dissinfected ~15 comps with the worm and helped another ~xx by phone!

But luckuly the worm is easy to dissinfect just delete the infected mails then d/load this ftp://ftp.europe.f-secure.com/anti-v...s/bt_b_dis.reg run it after that delete "KDLL.DLL" and "kernel32.exe" and then run the vir. scanner to check that it has not infected any other files and reboot! Then charge the customer (350 fin mk in our case) all of this should take you about 5 to 15 minutes!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I know what that's like.. we had a customer come in the shop that was using a Norton Antivirus with a copyright date of 1996 and he got into a huge argument with the female owner over the fact that he has been "Updating the program" Since then... so he was under the impression that his AV was equivilent to the newest one.

He had 7 different variations of virus's and the one that really fubared his machine was SirCam...

He still didn't want to buy a new AV but he had lost his CD for the old one so he had no choice.
      AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Sircam is a great pain in the @ss!

I haven't gotten closser to badtrans than having to delete about 40 infected mails on my machine, and NAV just had to tell me that they vere infected every time...

But Those that don't use outlook express usualy don't get infected att al!

I wish that SMTP servers had somekind of antivirus protections so that infected emails bounced with a warning in the same way as "adress unknown"!!
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by cbman
          I know what that's like.. we had a customer come in the shop that was using a Norton Antivirus with a copyright date of 1996 and he got into a huge argument with the female owner over the fact that he has been "Updating the program" Since then... so he was under the impression that his AV was equivilent to the newest one.

He had 7 different variations of virus's and the one that really fubared his machine was SirCam...

He still didn't want to buy a new AV but he had lost his CD for the old one so he had no choice.
          I also have had one of these...

He had 96 days left of his subscription but his definitions was almost a year old!!

why?

Answere::

It took to long time to actualy download the definitions!!

So he just ran liveuppdate without checking the boxes and still thought that he had uppdated!

Comment

I always used to like the crest fallen face of students when there laptop had been wiped out by the cheynobal virus. Luckily for them the bios hadn't be infected the hard drives had err become wiped.
            They kept everything up todate after that I bet.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I still have migrains over the time I tried to do Voodoo on a CIH wiped bios....

But on the other hand I still chuckles when I am reminded of the only Y2K bug I encountered:

A customer had gotten the stupid recomendation to update his bios on his mobo from a Y2K checking program...

He downloaded the wrong bios and programmed it in a Dos window under w95 org....

And he still belives that it was the Y2K bug that kill'd his mobo!!

Comment

Working...
              X