I'm gonna be a DADDY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna be a DADDY!

I still can't believe it. It actually works!

Our firstborn is due July 18th next year. (according to plan).

My wife got the confirmation from the doctors this week.

Oh boy! YEEEEHAAAAWW!

cheers,

Jake
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Congrats!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Re: I'm gonna be a DADDY!

Originally posted by Jake

Our firstborn is due July 18th next year. (according to plan).

My wife got the confirmation from the doctors this week.

Oh boy! YEEEEHAAAAWW!

cheers,

Jake
      Alright Jake!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy, or Oh girl, either way it's going to be the best thing to happen to you in your life. Be there with your child every spare chance you get, it's the one thing you will never regret.

You have a chance of having your child on the same day as my daughter's birthday (july 16).

Rags

Comment

You FOOL! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- Gurm

P.S. Ahem... now that I've composed myself... congrats!

P.P.S. Logan says "JL:LKJH::HI98yhikjhasdf;pl8halskjhkljjjjj
        jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj"
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Heh Heh...

Thats a nice thing to hear... at least its not...

Damn... I can believe it actually didn't work (As in the contraceptive device)

Congradulations man...

Just be sure that his or her first words aren't "Fragged" or "HeadShot" or "Killing Spree" as I am sure Mom would take exception to that...
          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

First words...

If it's a boy:

Can I play Daddy?

If it's a girl:

Do I look fat in this?

REALLY, I have no idea about how to raise a girl. Then again, I have no idea about raising boys either. But it just seems easier, doesn't it?

Regards,

Jake

Btw. thx for the replies, guys!
            ----------------------
            Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Re: First words...

Originally posted by Jake
              If it's a boy:

Can I play Daddy?

If it's a girl:

Do I look fat in this?

REALLY, I have no idea about how to raise a girl. Then again, I have no idea about raising boys either. But it just seems easier, doesn't it?

Regards,

Jake
              Just a little well kept secret: Girls are great! They are daddy girls and think you are god.

My daughter loves to work in the shop with me, helps me wash my car, she even helped me buff my car yesterday. There's nothing in the world quite like a daddy's girl

Don't worry, I was a bit worried myself at first, but then I learned the truth

Rags

Comment

Re: Re: First words...

Originally posted by Rags

There's nothing in the world quite like a daddy's girl

Don't worry, I was a bit worried myself at first, but then I learned the truth

Rags
                Just wait a bit until she starts looking out for the boys. You WILL think about some nice shotguns, motor-saws or flame-throwers then...

Oh yes, and of course congrats and good luck to you, Jake.
                Last edited by Indiana; 9 December 2001, 16:05.
                But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                My System
                2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                German ATI-forum

Comment

Thanks again

Rags, for the words of encouragement.

It doesn't matter to me if it's a boy or a girl. I'm happy to hear of the "Daddy's girl" experience. I hope to have that too if we get a girl.

I dreamed last night, we had two-headed troll (pheew) . But even if it is, I think we will love it!

Regards,

Jake
                  ----------------------

Comment

grats Jake

Our firstborn is due July 18th next year. (according to plan). My wife got the confirmation from the doctors this week.
                    but the question remains: Who is the father?

just kidding

-Dil
                    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Re: grats Jake

Originally posted by Dilitante1

but the question remains: Who is the father?

-Dil
                      ROTFLMAO Congrats Jake!
                      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Well done, Lad...

(and well done the lad as well )

It is a great feeling when you know it works....

It is an even better one when Junior pops out.....

My First was born May 30th, 1999, I am due my second on Dec 20th!!!!! (Both Girls)

the Daddys girl thing IS TRUE!!! It gives you such a buzz....

Congrats again....

Its good to see you dont mind if its a boy or girl - you have a 48% chance of either! (twins make up the rest)

RedRed
                        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Congrats man. You'll have a great time with her. If you don't have a digital camera yet, get one before she's born. It'll be the best investment you can make.

I don't have any kids yet, but my brother just had a girl in october, Rachel Erin. She's awesome. Here's a couple of pictures (I'll just link to them since they're a little bit large):

http://www3.sympatico.ca/agallagher/images/scooter1.jpg - 171 KB
                          http://www3.sympatico.ca/agallagher/images/scooter2.jpg - 151 KB

Make sure you post pictures when yours arrives.

Edit: Just in case anyone was wondering about the filenames, scooter was her nickname during the pregnancy before they knew the gender, and it kind of stuck .

Edit 2: Replaced scooter2.jpg with a more reasonable sized picture.
                          Last edited by agallag; 10 December 2001, 03:22.
                          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Its good to see you dont mind if its a boy or girl - you have a 48% chance of either! (twins make up the rest)
                            I'm an identical twin myself. THe thought of having twins scare the SH*T out of me. I know how horrible they can be!

And congrats on your pregnancy too. I hope everything is going fine and according to plan.

I don't have any kids yet, but my brother just had a girl in october, Rachel Erin. She's awesome.
                            You are right! She's amazing!!!

Congrats to your bro. If only we get a "sweetpea" (I hope that's the right word) like that. And I agree, scooter is a cute nickname.

Regards,

Jake
                            ----------------------

Comment

Congratulations, Jake !
                              My brother recently became the father of a girl, she's really cute ! It's just fun to see a child discovering everything (sounds, toys, ...)...

agallag: Suddenly, your avatar seemed funny in this thread...

dilitante1: Let's hope it is not General Failure... First Jake's harddisk, .........

Jörg
                              pixar
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                              X