No announcement yet.

Spiderman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever notice how, when spelled without the hyphen, it sounds more like a Jewish insurance salesman than a super hero? "Hi, I'm Murray K. Spiderman, would you like to purchase some life insurance?"
    Last edited by agallag; 4 May 2002, 22:36.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I made an EQ character named Sphidermahn, but deleted him out of fear of getting caught...

Comment

Joel:

There was a trailer last year with the twin towers, a spider web spun between them and a helicopter with escaping criminals (at least they were trying to) caught in the web.
        It was a beautifully designed/made scene, but understandibly they removed it. I did manage to download that particular trailer from the website, prior to it being removed.

Jörg
        Last edited by VJ; 5 May 2002, 08:54.
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

How big is it???

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

approx. 10 MB, just under 2 minutes, Apple Quicktime (I downloade the highest quality). I have put it on my webspace:

(I won't be able to put it up for too long, but a couple of days ought to be possible. )

Jörg

Edit: the link has been removed
            Last edited by VJ; 8 May 2002, 01:23.
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

winder if they will put all the deleted scenes with the trade towers on the dvd...

and i went and saw the midnight showing last night and i loved the movie..it had all the elements.. thinking about seeing it again today.. or is that pathetic
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

This means that I have to install Quicktime......
                  I HATE QUICKTIME!!

version 4 screwed with everything on my computer when it struck and the deinstall function left 11MB of junk files!!
                  So I havent tested later versions!

Time to eat the bullet!
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Quicktime 5 is, thankfully, fairly innocuous.

Although it DOES rank right up there with RealPlayer for "things that are irritating that you have to turn off after you install the player".

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Took my daughter with me to see the movie opening day.

It was pretty awesome. Although I thought at first he looked a little too baby-faced for Peter Parker. Also, I really expected the change where the web came from his wrists instead of from web shooters he built to ruin it a bit for me, but it turned out not to make a big difference at all.

Great movie (and yes, I am a fan of the Spider-Man series, even back during the strange clone / Scarlet Spider spinoff period.
                      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600
                      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I went and saw the movie first showing at the local theater.

I am not a huge fan of Spider-man and the likes.. .but they did an excellent job of making it fun and believable (To a degree) in that he wasn't "Superhero" right off the bat... he was clumsy.

The whole trip home I was picturing myself slinging around, they made it look like so much fun... how lame is that
                        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

WOW Spider-man raked in a record $114 million over the weekend in the USA. I guess Spider-man was a bit more popular than everyone thought. I bet James Cameron is kicking himself for not directing this one.

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                          X