Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surround Sound!

Surround Sound!

I have at last got my Surround system hooked up to my New Panasonic with built in decoder for Dolby and DTS!

So I’m going to spend all weekend watching movies!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Moulon Rouge is a v good dd film especially with a sub, but you cant beat gladiator on dts the battle at the start is sensational. The room rattles when I turn up the volme.

breeezer
    Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

how about starship troopers.. or pitch black or T & T 2
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I did some ”prechecks” with Jurassic Park yesterday without the sub!
        It was still impressive compared to plain 2d sound!

Now I’m going to let lose “Armageddon” on it now that I have fixed the Sub!
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I didn't know anyone else knew about Pitch Black. I saw that in theaters.

What would really be cool in Dolby is LOtR's. Our theater here has an excellent sound system and massive bass. Was probably one of the reasons I saw LOtR's so many times.
          System Specs:
          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

of course. Pitch Black was ahuge movie.. and the reason i love Vin Diesel as an actor. saw it at the theater too
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I'm really glad I went and got the sub I wanted. The Velodyne SPL1200 is fricken awesome. Brought a friend over to show off the new theater and played the pod race from Phantom Menace.. man, the whole house shook.. and the bass was CLEAN!

Comment

I would much rather watch movies in my house. I have a room that is devoted to it. My wife and kids call it "The Cave" becauase it is cold and dark.

Now there is 7.1 technology so I may be upgrading soon. Plus I am shopping for a projector and screen since they are comming down in price (finally ). That whole area between the windows will be the screen.

Here is "The Cave".

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Sweet cave! Looks comfy.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I think they should make Tron Dolby Digital....

BTW, is that your teddy bear Pneumatic?
                    System Specs:
                    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan
                      LOL With two girls I have "chick stuff" all over the house. Even in my cave.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan
                        I think they should make Tron Dolby Digital....

They already did:

Watch Netflix movies & TV shows online or stream right to your smart TV, game console, PC, Mac, mobile, tablet and more.

Nice cave. Some day I'll have one... I've got the audio for the cave, just not the TV or room.

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Just got the TV (Mitsubishi WS55819) and sub here.. now have a pretty sweet little "cave," myself.

Gotta get a digital camera one of these days

Comment

Wich DVD is it, that is producing that picture? (looks like the same screen I get when switching on my panasonic ....

Comment

To be frank I find the sound on T2 a bit "muffled", even the DTS soundtrack which is way better than the DolbyDigital one.

The Matrix has quite good sound of the few DVDs I have here, even though its only DD (take the "lobby" scene or the "I know kung fu" one).
                              StarWars episode 1 is not bad, either. And "The 5th Element".

I'd really like more DTS DVDs, unfortunately at least here in german they're VERY rare.
                              Last edited by Indiana; 22 June 2002, 04:47.
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X