No announcement yet.

Have you ever heard of a Sugar Glider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually, that's not strictly true, I have never eaten one, but I feed them to my kangaroo all the time, he love's 'em! My pet Koala isn't so keen though, tends just to eat leaves.
    Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

...ah Pneu, many people have or develop allergic reactions to guinea pigs, even severe to life threatening. I'm one.

They also have a secretion that some people tolerate and some don't. I got one for my son and all was fine for a while. After a while I started getting reactions similar to astma. After almost choking to death, literally, saved by an injection, I did alergy tests. Results showed Guinea pigs, gold hamsters. If I go into a pet store or a home that has them, I've gotta get out quick. It's wierd 'cause I love animals.

I mention this because it may be ok for your daughter, but a problem for someone else. Even long after Guinea pigs are out of the house, the reaction can remain through the secretion and urine, permeates the whole area.
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
        you know.. i didnt know people ate lizards til the other day.

i hear the aussies eat them. i had no idea
        Such foul beasts these humans.. they will eat anything. Damn menace if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn

Such foul beasts these humans.. they will eat anything. Damn menace if you ask me.
          I wonder how many human cells we each consume in a week? (from food preparation etc)
          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Don't know about Human Cells, But what about Dirt?

I read somewhere (I think it was in a column in the Sydney Morning Herald) that on average, Humans consume 7 kilograms of dirt per year without harmful side effects.

The article said that this was through various means such as vegetables, inhaling polution etc...

Makes you wonder, doesn't it...
            ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
              you know.. i didnt know people ate lizards til the other day.

i hear the aussies eat them. i had no idea
              If they taste anything like alligators than yes I can imagine lizzards being tasty! But otherwise I can't fathom eating a real lizzard. bleh

Originally posted by Agent31

I wonder how many human cells we each consume in a week? (from food preparation etc)
              Ah! Eating ones self!

We have an expression in french for that! "Mange ta main pi garde l'autre pour demain!" (Eat one hand and keep the other for tommorrow, said with lotsa Quebec slang! )

Has nothing to do with anything but I thought I'd share.

But really, I think we probably eat a lot more of our own cells than we think.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

So far all the frogs, alligators and crocs i have ate taste like chicken. so if a lizard taste like an alligator, i'd rather eat a chicken, more meat for the money (unless of course we are talking abt another lizzard hehe)
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

The croc that I have had the texture and some of the taste of chicken... but a strong hint of fish. I quite liked it actually.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
                    ...ah Pneu, many people have or develop allergic reactions to guinea pigs, even severe to life threatening. I'm one.

They also have a secretion that some people tolerate and some don't. I got one for my son and all was fine for a while. After a while I started getting reactions similar to astma. After almost choking to death, literally, saved by an injection, I did alergy tests. Results showed Guinea pigs, gold hamsters. If I go into a pet store or a home that has them, I've gotta get out quick. It's wierd 'cause I love animals.

I mention this because it may be ok for your daughter, but a problem for someone else. Even long after Guinea pigs are out of the house, the reaction can remain through the secretion and urine, permeates the whole area.
                    Are you allergic to anything else? My wife is allergic to Horses and Cats, but she has been around guinea pigs with no reaction (never spend a LONG time around them however).

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

I'm violently allergic to cats but have no problem with other animals. Go figure....

PS: we consume a few oddities here in Michigan too. Frog legs and crawfish are local favorites. We used to spear frogs & net crawfish all the time when I was a kid.

Had quite a bit of rattlesnake when I visited a friend in Texas a while back. It's not like there's a shortage of 'em down there

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 September 2002, 18:31.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Pneumatic, I'd go to an allergy test before buying a pet, if you're not sure. Even if the allergy isn't so strong as to make you want to scratch your skin off, you'll still feel worse overall and don' know why.

I personally like cats very much, but I think I shouldn't "own" any other being.

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

...yes Pneu, I'm allergic to horses to a lesser degree, though I love being around them anyway. According to the tests, I'm allergic to rabbits, but I can bury my nose in their fur and not notice anything. Tolerance can decrease in relation to time and exposure, and the converse can also be true, i.e. exposure strengthens the immune system and the allergic reaction reduces or disappears. I basically ignore my allergic reactions, except with Guinea pigs, thats no joke.

There are some recent medical opinions that say that complete allergy tests can actually trigger or worsen allergic conditions, whereas there are also allergy treatments that use exposure to induce the immune system to cure the allergy.

Take your pick. Having a pet is a responsibility and a joy so it's worth having the patience to make a good decision. I would simply do what feels reasonable, but not be in a rush.
                          Who cares?

Comment

Guinea pigs are stupid critters and have terrible fur compared with rabbits and cats. They aren't much fun as a pet.

Too bad cats are a problem for you.
                            What about an Iguana pet ?

Comment

...if you really want some excitement, get a crow or a raccoon. I've had both and survived...
                              Who cares?

Comment

I don't know about crows, but raccoons are NOT pets.
                                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                                X