No announcement yet.

Kraftwerk (concert review 23 sept 2002)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraftwerk (concert review 23 sept 2002)

A little concert review.

It was a great concert, altough to short . The sound was great, very good surrounded and great basses.

We almost missed the beginning of the concert there was a traffic accident on the highway and we spend almost one hour in the traffic jam it caused. But luckily we arrived just on time, the concert started at 20:30 a half hour to late (that's why we made it on time) and it lasted until 22:30.

Setlist

- Expo 2000
    - It's More Fun to Compute
    - The Man Machine
    - The Robots (very good version)
    - Tour de France
    - Autobahn
    - The Model
    - Neon Lights
    - Airwaves
    - Pocket Calculator
    - (unknown number didn't recognize it?)
    - Radioactivity
    - Trans Europe Express

Bis numbers

- Numbers
    - Computer World
    - Boing Boom Tschak
    - Music Non Stop.

Yes Tempest they played Radioaktivität . And they played a very good remixed version of The Robots (I loved it).
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Cool! Nice to hear that you didn't miss a tschak of it. And I'm sure ya did your best to make them turn up the volume too, but unfortunately I had a nasty flu at the time so my hearing was not what it usually is

Comment

You know, I was gonna have a funny reply here, but then I realized that the list of bizarro songs by a band nobody but the two of you has heard of... stands all by itself.

Glad you enjoyed... it.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I remember seeing "Autobahn" in Maudes records in the movie "The Big Lebowski".
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          You know, I was gonna have a funny reply here, but then I realized that the list of bizarro songs by a band nobody but the two of you has heard of... stands all by itself.

Glad you enjoyed... it.

- Gurm
          Wow, Gurm.. sometimes you are rash, but I didn't think you would sink to the level of the "ignorance is chic" sect.

Kraftwerk is a good band. I've heard of them.. listened to "Autobahn" back in college. They've been around awhile, yeah. Most of their fanbase is in Europe.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed... it.

- Gurm
            not "two", three. I know them.

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Make it 4 or 5.

SARCASM. SAR-CAS-M.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Kraftwerk is not only a good band, they really helped get the ball rolling for new genres of music. To think that when they started out there weren't even sequencers.

You may not have heard of them Gurm, but you've certainly heard their influence.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

People like Gurm can visit http://www.kraftwerk.com
                  The site is pretty self explanatory
                  Nah, in fact a better place would be http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/8880/

Comment

Make it 4 or 5.
                    must have been a boring concert. all the people standing there not knowing the artists on the stage...

SARCASM. SAR-CAS-M.

- Gurm
                    yeah, I've heard of something like that, but you missed a letter. twice. I guess I know what side of the gulf you are usually occupying.

mfg
                    wulfman
                    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                    "Lobsters?"
                    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

I missed a letter? Umm...

One entry found for sarcasm.

Main Entry: sar·casm
                      Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
                      Function: noun
                      Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
                      Date: 1550
                      1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain <tired of continual sarcasms>
                      2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm \<this is no time to indulge in sarcasm\>
                      synonym see WIT
                      That was from Webster's New Collegiate.

- Gurm

Comment

Look up in Agent 31's Sig

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I vote for a special " Attention-Gurm-is-sarcastic " - Smilie.

Rakido
                          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

DARPH BOBO!

I'm NOT the only one who has seen Tripping the Rift!

God, Chuck Austen is a ****ing genius.

- Gurm

P.S. Anyone know where I can get my hands on that Captain Choad squeezy toy?
                            Last edited by Gurm; 27 September 2002, 09:25.

Comment

Hey, Gurm agrees with me , what a day (red mark in calendar).

Yup, he's a genius, but i wish they would be ready with their sci-fi series soon, so they can work on TTR2 (i need more Six ....)

Rakido
                              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                              X