No announcement yet.

FedEx semi blows up in St. Louis....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truck was cut off by another vehicle and went off the road, rupturing the fuel tank and sparking the explosion, said Sgt. Ed Ensminger of the Missouri Highway Patrol. Another official said the fuel tank ruptured when the truck's trailer struck the post of an overhead sign.
    This quote does not say the fuel tanks exploded, rather that the tank ruptured, spilling the fuel which caused the explosion. They did not say the fuel exploded, but sparked it. I assume the fuel caught fire under the trailer and the heat set something off inside.
    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

A fuel tank can't "explode" unless there's a bomb strapped to it.

When a gas tank "explodes" the worst it does is cause a huge mushroom clouds of burning gas.

There had to have been a bomb planted somewhere for the vehicle to explode. Cars don't explode like in the movie, they just burn.
      Last edited by ZokesPro; 30 October 2002, 10:33.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

The truck could be carying any number of things that could explode when subjected to a fire. There does not need "to have been a bomb planted somewhere for the vehicle to explode."
        Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Yeah, that too, after all it is a FedEx truck!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
          X