Bah Humbug Xmas and Car Insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah Humbug Xmas and Car Insurance.

The only good news that it hasn't altered much surprising as insurance companies were pushing for increases after sep 11th. Still it's a nice hole in my finances for Xmas.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

ouch. Yeah, I never thought of it going up.

But then every year SOMETHING comes up before Christmas.

Good Luck to ya!
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I still need to get my car insured, damn. I barely had money for a used monitor even when someone helps me pay for half of it let alone PRICEY insurance!!

Damn them all!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Gah!

Mine is almost $2000 for 6 months, can you believe that? PA insurance is OUTRAGEOUS.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          Gah!

Mine is almost $2000 for 6 months, can you believe that? PA insurance is OUTRAGEOUS.

- Gurm
          DAMN!! What do you drive??

I was complaining about $240 for 6 months on my mustang.
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Mine is going to be a lot more than Gurm's!!

Comment

I can't imagine..

I think I would have to walk to work....

Comment

If I don't have my car I will go nuts! You can't live where I do whithout a car or else you'll die of boredom and depression.

Comment

Gah!

- Gurm
                  WTF are you driving?

Something superexpensive or really really veteran?
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think he drives a beamer.

Comment

Volvo 960 and BMW 325is. I think the problem is twofold.

1. Julie messed up the BMW, and it counts as an "at fault" accident even though the claim amount was LESS than my deductible (and it was all cosmetic / suspension anyway).

2. The BMW is considered a "Sports Car".

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Yup that would do it.

I have a 94 Saturn Sl2 4dr and my insurance was 1700$. I had my liscense for a year or so then got into an accident, since then my insurance doubled to 4200$.

And now because of one angry prosecutor I lost my license 6 months ago, which also brings my insurance up. ( the justice system for the little guy does NOT work)

The worst part was the cops admitted they made a mistake yet they wouldn't drop the case, the prosecutor knew he was going to convict me so he pressed on and I obviously lost. I had no chance in hell to win even though that techincally I did win, ****ing sons of bitches. I lost my liscense for 30 days cause of that and now I'm having a hard time even GETTING insurance because I'm too "high risk". (they anally raped me)

It's not my fault!!!!!!!

Comment

Gah!

- Gurm
                          Hey I got you beat...one car for me is Nearly 1200 bucks for 6 months with a perfect Driving record. I called around when I had my Mustang and they wanted something like 5K year with my perfect record
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                            Hey I got you beat...one car for me is Nearly 1200 bucks for 6 months with a perfect Driving record. I called around when I had my Mustang and they wanted something like 5K year with my perfect record
                            Beat me too!

Comment

And I thought the insurance for my rusty moped was high
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X