Gone from the top 100 Richest Canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone from the top 100 Richest Canadians

Not that anyone cares, but Branko Matic and Lorne Trottier are no longer on Canadian Business Magazines' list of 100 richest Canadians. An article in this weeks issue of the magazine which profiles the 100 rich indicated that they have fallen out of the top 100. Last year they were ranked 86th and 87th, each valued at $300million.

Well, this has nothing to do with Matrox Hardware, so this thread will be moved to The Soap Box forum...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

well... great management they have i guess

Comment

Yeah, it's what happens when you don't give your employees raises for over 3 years. Greedy bastards.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Let's hope they get some good advisors......
          Or perhaps sels their company to someone who have.....

Comment

Since we've had the Soap Box as a place for this stuff to go?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Re: Gone from the top 100 Richest Canadians

Originally posted by Gman
              Not that anyone cares, but Branko Matic and Lorne Trottier are no longer on Canadian Business Magazines' list of 100 richest Canadians. An article in this weeks issue of the magazine which profiles the 100 rich indicated that they have fallen out of the top 100. Last year they were ranked 86th and 87th, each valued at $300million.
              all in M stock...what a pity

Comment

Re: Re: Gone from the top 100 Richest Canadians

Originally posted by Kurt
                all in M stock...what a pity
                There is no such thing as Matrox Stock...its not a publicly traded company. Maybe if it was, they wouldnt be in the situation they are in now
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

There is still stock. Private company or no, it still has shares. They just happen to own them all. And it's not listed anywhere.

The "value" will be based on the book value in the accounts - which as mentioned elsewhere will be available (for a fee probably) from the equivalent of companies house in Canada.

I say this because I VERY much doubt it is a (limited liability) partnership.

Gnep
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                    There is still stock. Private company or no, it still has shares. They just happen to own them all. And it's not listed anywhere.

The "value" will be based on the book value in the accounts - which as mentioned elsewhere will be available (for a fee probably) from the equivalent of companies house in Canada.

I say this because I VERY much doubt it is a (limited liability) partnership.

Gnep
                    Shows how much I know
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Battle with an accountant you do...

Oops.. shouldn't have mentioned that now everyone will think I'm boring or something...
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

*yawn*

no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                        X