Idiots in online games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuddMan
    Actually we followed the rules. We didn't use any hacks. We just got bored with kicking people's asses, so we decided to raise the bar and give ourselves a challenge. Call it what you want, but we had some fun while it lasted.
    I thought it was quite funny, until you defended it
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I am the founder of the ][WS][ clan. WS = We Suck. We were masters of dash and die. We were the first to kill someone or be killed.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan
        Actually we followed the rules. We didn't use any hacks. We just got bored with kicking people's asses, so we decided to raise the bar and give ourselves a challenge. Call it what you want, but we had some fun while it lasted.

Where did I mention cheating?

Fortunately, most good CS servers nowadays have auto-ban mods for people who TK on purpose.

Comment

Yeah, that and if you TK now you automatically die the next round (and sometimes booted). It's probably a good thing they implemented that though, because the TK clan was starting to grow.
          System Specs:
          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Originally posted by Scumhawk
            That's why its best to just get some friends together and network your computers. Save yourself from these little teenagers and there mental hang ups.

.....Sorry to any teenagers that take that the wrong way.

Yup, Lan is the only way to go. I still think we should TK (team kill) Leech. That shooting spree he went on, needs to be avenged.

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Actually, maybe games should start implementing TKing as a genre. I mean you could have a team, and any random person could become a secret TKer (changing everytime he game resets or someone wins), and if you are the TKer and kill off your whole team, you give points to yourself and the other side. I guess that would be almost like playing the role of a spy. Would be cool to see...dunno if it already exists.
              System Specs:
              Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
              May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
              Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
              And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
              just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
              For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Counter Strike: The Mole Edition!

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I don't play online games, the computer is a good enough opponant for me! Doesn't cheat and doesn't talk back.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Moley moley moley!!! Moooooooooooole!
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                      I don't play online games, the computer is a good enough opponant for me! Doesn't cheat and doesn't talk back.
                      Now you must be joking

I haven't played one FPS game where bots don't cheat in some way
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                        Now you must be joking

I haven't played one FPS game where bots don't cheat in some way
                        Stupid bots, they cheat in their own way, but bots are predictable.

@Pace: ROTFL!!!!!!
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I don't know what it is about online games that brings out this streak of meanness in people, but they do seem to have that effect. I would imagine that it is something like the gladiators of ancient Rome...

~Sethos
                          "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X