No announcement yet.

"Show Signature" on by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maggi understands my dilemma. I like to use my signature to post my system specs, but only the few times that its necessary. Otherwise, I want to see signatures whenever and whoever includes them in their posts. There doesn't seem to be a way to set the default behaviour of the "Show Signature" option in the reply page.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Note the above post is an example of an unnecessary but accidental inclusion of a signature.

P.S. The new smilies suck!
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

big deal, just uncheck the box... if you forget to uncheck it, click edit the post and just uncheck it and submit changes...
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

That's what computers are for.

Comment

Sorry guys I must be a little slow here I'm still not really following this, it's the lack of sleep with getting these servers setup

So let me get this right you guys want to have a sig but use it only when you want to? Well as I see it when you post there is a little check box "Show Signature", you check that when you want to include your signature and uncheck it when you don't. Apart from enabling the ESP psychic interface to vB so it can read your mind and set the options automatically I think this is what you need, no?

Comment

Well, to be honest, have you seen The Matrix? The direct brain uplinks?
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Hey Ant,

I think they are talking about the fact that 'Show Signature' is on by default. That it should be off and then if you want to show the sig you click it. Also saying no to the Signature option in the user cp/edit options does not turn it off.

Joel
                Last edited by Joel; 7 July 2001, 07:16.
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Ah now I see, well that's just lazy The show signature option is on by default quite rightly. By far the majority of people who choose a sig will want that on permanently, it would create far more hardship for the vast majority who want their sigs always on than for the one or two who don't.

I've just tested the show signatures option in cp and it works exactly as advertised, if I set it to no then I don't see peoples sigs in threads. For example take a look at Impact's post just above this, there is a sig, now go to the cp set show signature to no and come back and look at this thread and you will see Impact's sig is no longer there.

I think people may be getting a little confused here, the show signatures option in the cp is not the same as the one shown on screen when you compose a post. The one in the cp relates to the viewing of sigs in threads, the one on the post composition screens relates to your own sig.

You give people all these extra options and they still ain't happy

Comment

You guys have got it now ... we simply want the ability to determine the default behaviour of the "Show Signature" option in the reply page. (BTW, just noticed the old smilies are back ... thanks ). Its just one more thing to check on an already busy page and I normally (90 % of the time) don't include my sig/system specs. Its a pain to go back and edit/repost the message so often.
                    And don't knock laziness ... without it computers may have never been invented.

Comment

Sig Test.....
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                      X