Very odd bug with Firefox and the current forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very odd bug with Firefox and the current forums

If I right-click on images in the forums (like in the "New MURC game." thread) to get the properties window the site will steal the focus away and cause the properties window to be pushed back when the mouse cursor simply moves into the page "viewport" for the lack of a better term. Moving the mouse over the browser window's GUI elements or border won't do it, only when the mouse enters the actual page display area.

I just tested some more and it also does it in the page source and page info windows too.
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 2 March 2005, 20:07.

which OS and ver of FF?

on 1.0.0 here and OSX with no problems that I can see.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

1.0.1 and XP Pro. Just noticed that if I right click inside the banners or the quick reply text entry area the windows that are opened up from those frames are ok. Anywhere else and it happens. I wonder if it has something to do with frames?

Comment

Just fired up my Ubuntu 4.10 Live CD which uses Firefox 1.0 and it's still happening.

Comment

I think I might know what it is, but you will have to give me a biut to work on it, my lunch break is nearly over.

It has something to do with my reporting software...
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

What, you arn't going to fix it RIGHT NOW?!?

Hehe, just kidding.

BTW, Linux (I havn't the slightest clue which part of Linux of course) does font AA far, far better than XP. I tried using ClearType on my CRT and it just made me dizzy. XP's "conventional" font AA seems to only kick in on very small and very large fonts.

Comment

Working...
            X