Site window pops on top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site window pops on top

Using Firefox 1.0 and Windows 2000 Pro SP4 here.. when my desktop has multiple windows on it and murc is hidden behind another, it keeps wanting to pop out on top. Could be inconvenient for those of us at work.. just hiding MURC under some business-type thing and.. BOOP! there it is again!

This just started happening a couple of days ago, it seems.

Actually, this just happens with multiple Firefox windows.

Comment

Looks to be the same thing I noticed with image properties and other such windows.

Comment

ok I just pulled the alternative ads, not perfectly, but sort of. do a full page refresh, and tell me what happens now.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Still doing it after clearing the cache.

Comment

and now?

Edit: if its ok now, can you bear with me for a few more, i just want to try some extra things.
            Last edited by Sasq; 2 March 2005, 21:31.
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Aieee, my MONITOR, IT EXPLODED!

Whatever you changed fixed it that time.

Comment

Now is the problem back again, or still gone?
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

It's back. This feels like an eye exam: Which is better, one or two? Umm....

Comment

ok should be gone. I have pulled my ad tracking code for now - not mine purchased package.

It's meant to lock onto the google ads, and fire off a report to here, and or stash into a cookie and tell me next time you come back.
                    It is meant to be non invasive. Shall be writing nasty email.

*google doesn't tell me what ads are clicked, or what types of ads are being displayed, so main reason for the software, is just to get a feeling for what ads are showing up, and who is getting PSA's etc depending on country etc.
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

Yep, it's gone again. Strange that it was happening under XP and Linux but not OSX.

Comment

It did here as well, just not to the same extent... it was more random. Sorta like watching a kettle boil, as soon as I turned my back...
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

Yes.. seems to be fixed here now.

Comment

Euhm, it seems to occur on Opera 7.5 now...

Suppose you have a smaller window in front of the MURC window. In that situation, the murc window pops to the front as soon as the mouse goes over it (compare it to the window behaviour on old x-terminals). It only does this for the MURC window though.

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

In Opera: Preferences -> Multimedia -> JavaScript Options -> untick "allow raising of windows"

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                              X