Thread branches and the "Post Reply" buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread branches and the "Post Reply" buttons

Perhaps some of my "Upgrades" comments weren't seen (no response) so I'll (re)post them in their own threads for now.

The "Post Reply" buttons should be differentiated whether one is replying to the thread as a whole, a branch, or just the latest post in the thread (reflects in the threaded views).
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

It'd be a safe bet that they were seen, just some changes aren't easy fixes.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Most of this particular request should be easy ... simply distinct the button text for the different "Post Reply" buttons at the top and bottom of the reply page.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

it would be, if jelsoft had relesed a .psd file for the buttons.

In the mean time, please remember Jesse and I both work 12 hours a day, I come home at night and tweak backend code, Jesse does html and other tweaks, somethings just require extra time, or are lower on the list.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

In the interim between now and a complete fix, I've added a bit of distinguishing text to the alt attribute of the top post button.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
            it would be, if jelsoft had relesed a .psd file for the buttons. ...
            Ahh, the old axiom ... "nothing's easy".

Originally posted by Sasq
            ... In the mean time, please remember Jesse and I both work 12 hours a day, I come home at night and tweak backend code, Jesse does html and other tweaks, somethings just require extra time, or are lower on the list.
            I realize you guys are burning it at both ends. I just didn't see a recognition of the request. Of course, get to these things at your own schedule. I just want to help getting things "right".

Thanks Jester ... that's a start.

xortam (MURC Monitor and now MURC WS beta tester )

Comment

update, I found the psd file for vb3 hidden away in a little corner that required a dna sample to get into...
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

"... required a dna sample to get into ..."

Did you find "the missing glove" while you were there?

Comment

Actually, the top "Post Reply" button is 'reply to thread branch', not 'reply to thread'. I'm sure you'll get it right once you have some time to play with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X