new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new server

I have ordered a new server at the Planet.
    we shall be moving again, to many issues - better then last, but still to many issues - with the current host.

we will be moving to a fully dedicated server, dual 2.8mhz xenon boxen.
    some of it I will share out to help cover the costs, but primarily for MURC

oh and if you have requests for game servers speak up.

shortly I will enable the subscription system, which will half replace the server fund logo of old at the top. more about that later.

I just wish to make clear, murc will never be crippled in any way - on the level of what you have now, but I will reward people who help support keeping murc online with extra toys.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Originally posted by Sasq
    I have ordered a new server at the Planet.
    we shall be moving again, to many issues - better then last, but still to many issues - with the current host.
    Interesting...

we will be moving to a fully dedicated server, dual 2.8mhz xenon boxen.
    some of it I will share out to help cover the costs, but primarily for MURC
    A server with headlights (xenon ), doesn't that cause a lot of heat?...

I just wish to make clear, murc will never be crippled in any way - on the level of what you have now, but I will reward people who help support keeping murc online with extra toys.
    Ooh, more things to play with....

Thanks for the info!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Sounds good to me Dan

I say... Bring it On!
      ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

I'm up for extra toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
          ... but I will reward people who help support keeping murc online with extra toys.
          ... then come out to the Bay Area and collect the funds in person.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

he is pretty much at the bay area already.. just the other side of the water
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Well jump in for a little swim then Sasq ... I'll have a cold one waiting for you.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

New server got.
                move planed for this weekend.
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Ahhh, so this wasn't April fools joke afterall!

Comment

well in case you missed it, we have moved
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

I have noticed a substantial speed increase

Comment

Seems faster to me too.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                          A server with headlights (xenon ), doesn't that cause a lot of heat?...
                          ROFLMAO! Another one for the MURC Master Quotes! ALBPM, are you listening?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            ROFLMAO! Another one for the MURC Master Quotes! ALBPM, are you listening?
                            bah i was drunk when i first posted, and well ya know it was my birthday as well

KvH, you should be getting great ping times, actually, if you walk out your front door, you should be able to whiz on the datacenter - from a global perspective.
                            Juu nin to iro

Comment

LMAO

Comment

Working...
                              X