Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changes/bugs: my links

Hello!

Just a quick question. Before, there was an entry in the top blue menubar (the one with User CP, FAQ, Memberlist, ....) called 'My links'.

I used this feature a lot... Will it return?
    (but I like the new behaviour!)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I suspect that the look of the MURC Life page

is also not final...

Jörg
    pixar

Comment

The signatures also show for every post a person makes (I thought this was changed to only the first post).

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

And while we are noticing small details: the site no longer has the MURC logo next to the URL, but the v-bulletin logo.

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Why not turn this into a general bug-thread...
          Is the IRC server running?
          (no, this won't be followed by: "well, you better go and catch it")

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

I note that in the MURC Life page (http://forums.murc.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=5) the last post in a subforum of the lounge, e.g. Pol&Rel may also be listed as the last post in the Lound itself...
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Basically the deal is that the forums are still running on a version of vBulletin that is not the most recent. In due time they will be upgraded, but there are some circumstances preventing it happening right away. Until that time the forums are basically going to remain a vanillia install of vB with some minor 'MURC' modifications, as there is little point in customizing everything to the same extent as before only to upgrade and have to do it all over again.

That's the simplified explanation. There's no need to continue pointing out what is no longer, as those involved are aware and most of these 'features' have been left out on purpose for the time being. Of course any outright bugs are a different matter.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                Basically the deal is that the forums are still running on a version of vBulletin that is not the most recent.
                Ha, ok... I didn't know.
                Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                Until that time the forums are basically going to remain a vanillia install of vB with some minor 'MURC' modifications, as there is little point in customizing everything to the same extent as before only to upgrade and have to do it all over again.
                Of course, goes without saying. Again sorry, I didn't know.

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

No need to apologize, just wanted to explain the situation so no one had to wonder.

Comment

Thanks Jessie. Is the inability to upload images deliberate or a bug?
                    FT.

Comment

Now that I'm not sure... does seem odd. Shall check into it.

Edit: Yeah, there seems to be an error occuring with all the image files I tried (gif, png, jpeg). I think the likely culprit is the path the system is using to store uploaded images/attachments is either non-existant or has the wrong permissions set.

Will prod Dan about it when he comes back to the world of the living.
                      Last edited by Jessterw; 1 September 2006, 10:03.

Comment

Thanks J
                        FT.

Comment

Working...
                        X