Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else find the Quick Links menu slow to open in IE9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else find the Quick Links menu slow to open in IE9?

Hi

I have just replaceed the HDD (with XP) in my laptop with a 120GB SSD and installed Win7 Pro. Everything is nice and fast now as you might expect (Windows Experience Index is 6.1,6.1,6.4,6.4,7.8).

The only odd thing I notice (apart from stutters in windows animations but my screen is 1920*1200*32bit) is that the quick links pop up menu is pretty slow compared to before. I know that example is a small thing but I wonder if there are wider IE9 speed issues?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

T.
    FT.

I normally use FireFox, but tried it in IE9 and noticed no noticable delay...
    (computer at work: Core2 quad Q8300 @2.5 GHz, 4 GB, experienced index: 7.2, 7.2, 4.9, 5.9, 5.9)
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

The menu opens from the top left to bottom right.
      I use Chrome normally.
      Its about 2-4x slower on IE9.
      I suppose it might be simply a setting in IE9 for menu animations ?
      I'm using XP on the Desktop atm.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
        The menu opens from the top left to bottom right.
        I use Chrome normally.
        Its about 2-4x slower on IE9.
        I suppose it might be simply a setting in IE9 for menu animations ?
        I'm using XP on the Desktop atm.
        Chrome is very quick. IE9 is at least as slow as you say in comparison, possibly up to 10x slower!
        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
          Chrome is very quick. IE9 is at least as slow as you say in comparison, possibly up to 10x slower!
          It's a little quicker putting it in IE7 or IE8 mode!

Way to go MS!!!
          FT.

Comment

I'm still using firefox, but am getting less and less satisfied with it... It occasionally freezes (for up to 20s), sometimes loads very slowly and does not load some things anymore.

Any thoughts on why Firefox does not show me these photos?
            De herdenking van de 9/11-aanslagen werd afgesloten met de jaarlijkse lichtshow 'Tribute in Light' op Ground Zero in New York.

I have the issue on different computers, but it works on IE on the same computers, and thought it could have been java or so.
            pixar

Comment

I get to see that without issue and it loads very quickly. I also use Firefox.
              In the last couple weeks there have been trust issues for a dns....maybe that's the cause?????????

Comment

That is weird... I have it on 3 computers: my laptop, my work PC and my father's PC. The first two are in Poland, the last one in Belgium and all use different providers. And all of them just show a grey box where the photos should be.
                If it is the DNS thing, can I solve it? (how?) If not, where do I start to look?
                pixar

Comment

Working...
                X