• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I want for the next card is for it to

- maintain its image quality
    - dualhead improving it
    - handle textures better
    - and incorporate T&L.

thats it ..it doesnt even have to be geforce3 quality or even 2 or anything.

jst the ability to handle those features and at least a maximum of 60fps for a defined animated scene I am happy.

Oh yeah and fix the ICD for OPENGL ..its not WORKING so good

Comment

People...

Stop trashing Matrox's Opengl icd. In my point of view it's one of the better ones, gaming concerned.

Comment

Novdid: Maybe it doesn't work so good for them though? And it's never wrong to ask for even better drivers

Ahh yeah, and I'd want:

-GF2 speed
        -great 2d image quality
        -stable drivers
        -dualhead with separate VidIn/Out (as a third head or as a clone of one of the two heads at least, so I can use two monitors and a TV) and digital interface option for both heads (without having to buy an addon card)
        -TV tuner with timeshifting ability
        -a "powered by Matrox" sticker

I don't care of core clock, memory clock or technology, T&L as long as it works and is fast enough. If they find a way to squeeze out GF2 speed with EDORAM, I'll be happy with that. But if they really want to please me, add full DX8 functions (I know this won't happen ).

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The firs thing i want is:

An annuncment from Matrox!

------------------
          - [GDI]Raptor

Comment

I think the sticker is the one thing I REALLY want.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Matrox's next card won't disappoint anyone. They were also working on a AGP 8X project, a while back. (I think) Matrox has always implemented some new but kick ass features. Correct me if I'm wrong but their DualHead, un-surpassed! EMBM, they were the first! And they always have great quality graphics in every card! (sounds like a cereal ad )

Am I right? What I like is driving past the Matrox building in Montreal when I go se by best friend!

------------------
              "Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"
              Suggestive Star Wars line from Return of the Jedi
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

if the card can put out some nice frames at low res. and then have the bandwidth to handle high res. without much of a performace hit (like the Kyro2) and then have all the other good things Matrox is know for, that'll be great
                no harm, no foul.

Comment

Working...
                X