No announcement yet.

pick one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xortam, i realize that, but i was just curious, what y'all's focus was, and i guess, in some ideal way, i was wishing that Matrox took notice of this thread to see that cost isnt everything.

dukep, i cant imagine a card with worse performance thank the g400max, but if they do produce one that performns about the same, or only 10% better, id definetly call that mediocre since the max was announced over 2 years go.
    First Love:
    • Lite-On FS020 enclosure w/4 120mm Panaflos and soon a 172mm Nidec
    • MSI 694D Pro w/ BIOS 1.6
    • 2x800E cC0 Pentium 3 w/ 2xVolcanoII
    • SyncMAX(NEC) PC166 VCM SDRAM 4x128mb w/ CAS = 1
    • nVidia Quadro2 Pro, but Matrox at heart
    • And other non-important stuff like hard drives and a dvd drive
    • Pineapples

Second Love:
    1990 Toyota Celica GT

Comment

War-Ped
      (Which incidential happens to be one of my own nicks too =)

Yes. What You are saying, I fear the most. A G450 like solution. It needs to be just about 35% faster than the G400Max, with one or two non G400 rendering features added, for me to be... Well.. Satisfied enough to buy it.
      I REALLY really want to buy a new Matrox card. On the other hand, Having just bought a new house, Im not made of money. A budget solution, that fits the above mentioned criteria, would also be welcome.

DukeP
      AKA
      PED
      AKA Peter EDuard
      AKA WAR/PED
      =)

BTW, Heres some huge pictures of my new house: http://home.imf.au.dk/eduard/web145/index.htm

Comment

option 2.....
        I use twin 15" monitors.... Super high resolution isnt improtant to me.

I lurve the quality.... My Sony SF15" Lurve the quality...

Give me quality!!!!

(speed would be nice though too)
        I am still content with a g400 oc'ed to hell though....
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I agree with BarryS as i myself have a 17" viewsonic(non-flat)PS775 coz anything bigger would be too much for my worktable.
          Anyway the basic reason i bought my G400 was for its graphics quality. I'm quite happy with its perfomance as i play RPG but I really wouldnt mind forking out $$$ to buy #2 as long as newer features are added on and the new card is at least 20% faster than Geforce2MX

------------------
          Always twiddling until something go haywire in my rig :^)
          AMD Duron 650Mhz on ASUS A7V w/ 128MB Ram G400 DH 32MB(still going strong)SBLiveValue!&AltecLansing 45
          "It does not matter how many times you fall down as long as you get up and go on."
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
          X