No announcement yet.

count down to possible G550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all the old timers here from the MURC - what was the name of that person who posted every day leading up to the release of the G400 (or was it the G200?)? Quite a funny thread if I remember right...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

8 days from today.
      System1:
      Asus P4T533, Pentium IV 3,06GHz, 512MB SAMSUNG Rimm 4200, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 20GB, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 60Gb, MATROX PARHELIA, MATROX RTX100, ULTRAPLEX 40MAX, PLEXWRITER 12/10/32S, 2 x IIYAMA Vision Master Pro510

System2:
      ASUS P4T533, Pentium IV 3,06 GHz, 512 MB SAMSUNG Rimm 4200, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 20GB, MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus60 60Gb, SAPPHIRE 9800XT, CREATIVE AudigyII, ULTRAPLEX 40MAX, PLEXWRITER 40/12/40S, 2 x IIYAMA Vision Master Pro510

Comment

"Eight days a week."
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

that 3dfx thing was a fake, you probably knew already (why didnt anyone tell me... )
          anyway, ill have to wait 8 days and hope that i dont just wait for another announcement date ( like july 27th :rolleyes

btw, did you hear about the kyro 3???
          i would still prefer a g800 though

Comment

hmmh... Kyro 3 sounds interesting...

anyway, this is a rumour forum, here comes couple of them: (time shows how many of these are right.)

1. Kyro 3 is going to be VERY Fast.
            2. Noone actually knows what's Matrox is doing. (maybe themselves. )
            3. ******* gonna have suprise before christmas.
            4. ATI R200 is going to be support TruForm.
            5. NVidia seems to be 'stepping over' GF3Ultra (NV25) and starting to work more with NV30.

I think winner of the next generation cards is found from following competitors: ATI (R200), Matrox (chip after G550), NVidia (NV30) or ******* (most likely the last one.)

try to guess what's that company with all letters in name marked with stars... I really don't want to destroy my change get in driver beta tester team...
            "Dippadai"

Comment

maybe its the bitboys????

Comment

im intrigued by the "*********" company Im hearing great things about them
                nothing solid but "they" are starting to talk
                hmm maybe trident
                or rendition
                or sonicblue?(s3)

------------------
                MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
                512Ram G400DH32mb
                Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
                msn messenger id: mkanashta
                DFI NFIIUltra 400
                756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
                Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
                Windows XP pro
                msn messenger id: gchisel
                Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Ant,
                  Great time to be in New England with Motorcycle weekend in Laconia, NH. this coming weekend! Since this is my sales territory, I've made many appointments in the area this week

I'm in southern NH about 45 minutes from there
                  jim
                  System 1:
                  AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                  Epox 8K7A
                  2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                  an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                  SBLIVE 5.1
                  Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                  Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                  3Com Hardware Modem
                  Teac 20/10/40 burner
                  Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

The problem with the "*********" company is that the name is not very well known in the industry :P
                    System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Actually, in the last post I forgot couple of companies. S3 Graphics is making come back. Via technologies bought this part of sonicblue sometime ago and I saw leaked roadmap somewhere in the web. (there was couple of very promising chips coming. Only time shows what those chips really can do.)

so my "winner's list" is: the next generation cards is found from following competitors: ATI (R200), Matrox (chip after G550),STM/PowerVR (Kyro 3), S3/VIA (3rd chip after re-incarnation.), NVidia (NV30) or ******* (most likely the last one.)

And The "*******" (or actually "******* **") is very well known in graphics industry. Too sad that their first chip didn't hit the market (only 200 developer boards exists.) because the manufacturer losed a big patent (Audio side) lawsuit and because of that, was declared to bankcrupt.
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

Cmon guys, stop *ing everything... I can ASSURE you that BitBoys OY haven't even reached TO (Tape Out) yet... so we're pretty far from working samples... The problem they had was that their vision was out of proportion and that, way too early... And nowadays, it looks like a mix of GeForce 2 and GeForce 3... Just like Chipzilla's Itanium: the devoleppement started back in 1994 and we just saw the first IA-64 systems appear on the japanese market last week...(they perform pretty well even though there are no REAL IA-64 apps pit yet; but it offers the absolute WORST Performance/Price ratio of all possible platforms (Including UltraSparc X and ALphas) Also, BBO started as an EXTREMELY small hardware developpement team... I firmly believe that we won't see a -RETAIL- BitBoys card for at least 18-24 months... The Pyramid was far from working condition too: if any of you have seen one - in real life- you could read "REV A0" on the chip...

However, that doesn't mean someone cannot license IPs from them... wait...IPs like in...Intellectual Properties... GoIP...too weird...going to sleep... lots of little coding tomorrow...

CU,
                        Francis

------------------
                        What was necessary was done yesterday;
                        We're currently working on the impossible;
                        For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...
                        What was necessary was done yesterday;
                        We're currently working on the impossible;
                        For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
                        - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
                        - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
                        - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
                        - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
                        - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
                        (Server)
                        - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
                        - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
                        - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
                        - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by frankymail:
                          Cmon guys, stop *ing everything... (a lot of blah blah blah... )...lots of little coding tomorrow...

CU,
                          Francis

</font>
                          Franky, I don't guess here. I <U>know</U> actually, I have been following Bitboys actions very closely since last summer and things are looking really good.

and once more, they design only chips (like NVidia), Infeon is the chip manufacturer(like TMSC) and then there is card manufacturers. like Creative. I still wonder why Creative does not manufacture GF3... maybe it is because they could be starting Kyro II production, but why they aren't doing it right now? hmmh... There was some rumors that BB and Creative would had have co-operation contract when glaze was supposed to come out. (in january 2000.)

but I am <u>pretty</u> sure that before x-mas we will see if there is connection between these two.

and really, I have really possibility to get in Driver Beta tester team and that's a fact.

[This message has been edited by Nappe1 (edited 12 June 2001).]
                          "Dippadai"

Comment

It's quite funny tho, they said the same thing the x-mas before this year, and before that, and before that and before that...
                            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Impact,THEY have said nothing.

I am not THEY. (well, almost but as close as you can get without being a hired employee. )

Actually Bitboys haven't said anything (officially) about their new chip since last year November.

so if someone says that BB's are Hyping, he is totally wrong (this time. they used to hype but I really would like see that arcticle which has been made after last november with huge hype.)

They still have co-operation contract with Infeon and if I have understood right, Infeon owns a part of BB's.

I have no doubt that we wouldn't see BB's chip sooner or later. when it's happening that I don't know. 2nd Half of 2001 is the lastest info.

And I have been following BB's actions before the Bitboys OY was found.
                              "Dippadai"

Comment

and one more thing...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by impact:
                                It's quite funny tho, they said the same thing the x-mas before this year, and before that, and before that and before that...</font>
                                they didn't say before last christmas that chip will be out. they announced on october that Glaze3D name was changed because of American company used same name. Also they announced that project continues.

and what comes to their sayings, when G400 was released? how many years MURCers has been waiting next generation chip? Glaze 3D project was started in the autumn 1998. was G400 released in the 1999?
                                "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                                X