X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: first post!

Terrafin
    Welcome to the forums.
    As for the size of this thread it just goes to show the loyalty of MURCers towards Matrox. I hope Matrox are deserving by producing a card of the quality in this era as the g400 was when it was released.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I have had all the matrox cards from the first millennium up to the 400 max & RRG. I was hopping Matrox would make it interesting again but I guess I am getting old because I no longer feel the loyalty I use to feel for this brandname. I have been very happy with their products but I will upgrade to the ATI because I
      Can’t wait forever. Even if they do bring out a new card it won't make any difference because they are all good in the high-end range.

Goodbye Matrox and thanks for a solid product.

Damien.

Comment

Next Gen Matrox Graphics card soon?

As I have said on the Matrox Hardware forum, the matrox representatives at the smau said that no new product will be announced this winter, moreover these persons have said that matrox is focusing its efforts in the professional business market at this moment and no "anchor gamers" card will be releases. I do not understand as the beta testers or others can say that soon will be announced a new graphics card or something of revolutionary. I will publish the entire interview as soon as possible.

Ciao a tutti

Comment

Re: Next Gen Matrox Graphics card soon?

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter
          As I have said on the Matrox Hardware forum, the matrox representatives at the smau said that no new product will be announced this winter, moreover these persons have said that matrox is focusing its efforts in the professional business market at this moment and no "anchor gamers" card will be releases. I do not understand as the beta testers or others can say that soon will be announced a new graphics card or something of revolutionary. I will publish the entire interview as soon as possible.
          Ciao a tutti
          Depends on who these representatives are...if they they are just Sale People I wouldn't expect them to know jacks*** about whats coming out next. The most I'm hopeing for at this point in time is to hear something that yeah we have a new card or Tech coming out in a couple months. It takes Matrox a couple months for their stuff to hit the shelf. I remember when the G400MAX came out it was accounced in May of 1999 and I didnt get mine till almost October since it was just about impossible to buy from anyone online besides Matrox themselfs. The G550 is a little better, but its Impossible say for Matrox to say something on the 26th of this month (rumor by Joel with an email he got from Matrox, see the thread in this DG) and then have a Card out by December time frame. The Card would be in production by now and its existance would have been surely leaked out by now!

Scott
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

thanks for the welcome mdhome
            lets just hope they have got something that they have been working on, and just dont wanna release it yet until the drivers are juuuuuuuuuust right... (CO~unlike ati~UGH!)
            Last edited by Terrafin; 23 October 2001, 18:38.
            |CPU|Intel P4 2.8GHz(800MHz) @ 3.4GHz(980MHz)|CPU Cooling| CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU Heatsink & Fan, Arctic Silver 5 |Mobo|MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R (Bios 2.4)|RAM|2 x 256MB Geil PC3200 RAM, Dual Channel, 5:4, 2-3-3-5|HDD|2 x WD 36G 10000RPM SATA (8MB Buffer), RAID 0|Video Card|256MB Sapphire x800pro VIVO 475/450@540/520, 16 pipelines enabled, 3D Connect bios|Video Card Drivers|Omega v2.5.90|CD-RW|LiteOn CD-RW|LCD|17" ViewSonic VP171s|PSU|Enhance 400W|K&M|Logitech MX Duo|OS|Windows XP, SP2, DirectX 9c

Comment

Working...
            X