No announcement yet.

What is Bright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

yeah, or its running a bit lean.
      I have seen few red pipes myself, caining a motor bike along the highway at night will usually get the pipes glowing a pretty yellow/red

Comment

actually - the original saab99 turbo would glow like a cherry after only a few miles flat out! thsi is in the old days the first production turbos.....

the scary thing was, if the engine had 'glowed out', and you stopped for a SHORT time in one of these (say at a filling station on a motor-way) AND if your turbo had 30K + miles.... you could 'Pop the turbo' - shatter it! it was due to the case expanding (or was it contracting?) at a different rate to the fan blades.... they spent a time partially seized!

redred
        Last edited by RedRed; 23 April 2002, 16:22.
        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

my current baby project.... The one I have is stripped to the bare metal, but I have had the manifold cooking!

(mine in a Mk 1 Triumph 2000, BTW, 1967.

No musscle, this one, but its straight 6 runs as sweet as anything current..... (well almost )

next year, she will ride again (though I said that last year

RedRed
          Attached Files

Comment

RedRed: yieks! a sixties british touring / sport car...

drooooooool....

you found my weak spot.

Too bad that I don't have money yet to make my dream come true...
            "Dippadai"

Comment

napster,

she is an old tourer/family car.... but with the same engine as a herald vitesse... or a Triumph GT6..... (big webber carbs fitted... )

I have had her for 10 years now.... and she is undergoing her second rebuild (I am doing it right this time)...

She wasnt expensive....(I swapped her for an Atari ST!!!!!) (it took 5 months of welding and learning mechanics to get her road worthy the first time, perhaps £900.00 in parts....)

its fun to get your 'hands dirty once in a while'...... she NEVER let me down......

She lives with my parents now.... My wife wants to put the washing machine in the GARAGE!!!! AGGGGGH
              :

redred

Comment

Dunque....

I have received another e-mail.
                A guy (from an hardware site) was present yesterday at the Matrox press conference but it has signed, off course, another NDA. I believe that this guy are working very well for a new cool article and hardware test.

We have to wait....

Comment

ROTFLMBHO!!!!!!!!
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                  X