No announcement yet.

Strange comment from Haig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MMS are PCI boards, nothing to do with Parhelia.

Comment

Would this be a good alternative to NVidia and ATI ??
      SiS Xabre 400

I wonder what the image quality and driver support brings...

But then again, waiting just a few more weeks wouldn't hurt
      Peter Aragon
      Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

The MMS are PCI boards, nothing to do with Parhelia

I was being sarcastic, did you read thje whole thread on the Matrox forums?
        A Smith & Wesson beats Four Aces

Comment

i wonder how expensive it will be. up to 1000$ was rumoured for the highend-version no? i hope the thin&crispy is not more than 250$
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

sweet jesus, i just read some posts in the [H]ardOCP Forum . the nvidiots still don't believe (or have no clue). this one sums is up:

parhelia, vaporware, those rumors are coming from the matrox message boards and the inquirer, can you find a more biased source somewhere else ??

i predict hat sales will increase in the world. hmm i wonder if the hats industry has stocks
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by RibsteakRon
              I was being sarcastic, did you read thje whole thread on the Matrox forums?
              I guess I didn't...

Comment

cool, I love this quick reply idea, especially on a modem it rocks lots.

parhelia, vaporware, those rumors are coming from the matrox message boards and the inquirer, can you find a more biased source somewhere else ??

That seems to be a fair assessment to me! Matroxuser message boards are not the prime example of objectivity that you guys (and gals) sometimes think it is. Nor should it be in my opinion. We love matrox cards here (I do love them too, dispite my skeptism over their rumored new card) and are in general happy to believe our own hype and hope for great things.

Also, matrox hasn't really done anything to show the rest of the world that they are serious about entering the performance market. Their hardware performance over the last 2 years hasn't demonatrated any real desire or ability to lead the market. Matrox's offical position even says they are not after the performace market. Hell, just what do you expect people to believe when faced with hype over the Parhelia.
                80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

PS. I havn't eaten my hat yep
                  But you do have one picked out right? We wouldn't want you to have to just take whatever is avaiable at the last minute. They're liable to be in short supply.

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I'd suggest one without a feather... might get caught... and the leather type I've heard are a tad chewy so you may want to avoid those
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I have not picked out a hat yet.

Given there has been no official annoucement, and no reliable information that this card even exists yet, I don't think I am in any way ready to even think about eating a hat yet.

And even if this card does exist, there could be several things that stop it being worthy of a hat eating session, like:

1) Matrox may have to revise the specifications of the card due to production problems (remember Nvidia's TNT chip, it was originally supposed to be 125Mhz, but it was reduced to 90Mhz at the last minute)

2) Being far too expensive. I am not eating a hat over a card that can only beat an Nvidia card at $1000.

3) The card taking too long to come out in adequate supplies. No point in eating a hat over a card you can't get.

I am just really, really cynical about future computer hardware these days, especially when it has the name Matrox in it
                        80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Then why do you insist on hangin out and posting almost exclusively in TCB?
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                            Then why do you insist on hangin out and posting almost exclusively in TCB?
                            If he's like me then it all boils down to faith.

Regards MD
                            Interests include:
                            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

The exact date you are looking for has been posted on these forums by more than one person. Nothing is late or delayed because that date has not arrived yet. As Greebe says why are you hanging in this forum then moaning about speculation on an unreleased product, that's what this forum is here for

If you are the right person in the right position you already know all about it. The rest of you just have to wait until the time decreed by the big M.

Comment

...May 14...

Comment

Working...
                                X