No announcement yet.

Strange comment from Haig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant: only the ingredients or an eatable pizza?
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

From what I gather it'll have everything... including Anchovies
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
        I hope this isn't one of those vegitarian pizza's

Comment

if it was a vegitarian Pizza with anchovies then it's like a lesbian whom sleeps with the opposite sex... an oxymoron
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

<FONT SIZE=4>... Say Umf !!!!<SUP>tm</SUP> ...
            <FONT SIZE=1><SUP>tm</SUP> courtesy of ALBPM aka Darth Mahl [MU]<FONT SIZE=2>
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Greebe, Ant,

I probably post most to the Crystal ball because that is where MOST of the Murcer action is, not for any special reason. I do post to other areas quite frequently too.

I also frequent the Crystal ball to see if any reliable information surfaces about matrox's new card (I gotta know if I am gonna eat my hat or not) Unfortunately, not much of that is around at the moment, so I keep myself busy by antagonizing those who blindly beleive all the rumors. (Those with NDA's know the truth, so there is no point arguing with them)

I am speculating too, really. Since I don't have much faith in matrox after the utterly offensive G550 (but I am prepared to allow them to correct their mistakes with a card that isn't complete BS), I am speculating a much more cynical and negative view of the future to most other murcers.
              80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Originally posted by rugger
                I have not picked out a hat yet.

Given there has been no official annoucement, and no reliable information that this card even exists yet, I don't think I am in any way ready to even think about eating a hat yet.

And even if this card does exist, there could be several things that stop it being worthy of a hat eating session, like:

1) Matrox may have to revise the specifications of the card due to production problems (remember Nvidia's TNT chip, it was originally supposed to be 125Mhz, but it was reduced to 90Mhz at the last minute)

And what do you base that presumption on? Certainly not as much information as others here have, which is also the basis for the obvious enthusiasm in this forum.

You're grasping for straws, but in a forum full of those who know a s**tload more about this subject than you do.

2) Being far too expensive. I am not eating a hat over a card that can only beat an Nvidia card at $1000.

Again, you're presuming "facts" not in evidence...something you're glad to hammer us for but aren't against doing yourself.

3) The card taking too long to come out in adequate supplies. No point in eating a hat over a card you can't get.

You can't get ANY product until it's released. That doesn't mean that it's going to be in short supply when it is. Once again, you're presuming.....or is it praying for your NVIDIA stock to hold its value?

I am just really, really cynical about future computer hardware these days, especially when it has the name Matrox in it
                Cynical...definitly. Also hypocritical.

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 April 2002, 23:31.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Cynical...definitly. Also hypocritical.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Hmm, you are right, a bit hypercritical of me, but i still have to tetort.

Yes, there are people who know more than me about the new matrox card, but they are all under NDA and are not allowed to tell me about it. Therefore, I am not going to get any answers from them and you cannot use them as evidence against me :P

Everybody else knows just as much as I do, which is next to nothing. That means that almost anything could happen, and nothing is in stone as far as I know. Even dates announced by forum members cannot be confirmed one way or the other. Those who could confirm them haven't. (maybe they have hinted that those dates are true, but hints are just hints, and can be taken back without explaination)

Anyway, just saying other people know more isn't going to make me any more likely to believe that matrox will take over the graphics world, only real, verifiable information and products will do that.

And what are you trying to prove with the nvidia remark Just because I refuse to automaticly believe the Matrox fairytale, doesn't mean I have any particular liking for any other graphics manufacturer. (in fact, I really don't like any graphic manufacturer at the moment, I just apperciate the quality of older matrox products and hope they can do the same again)
                  80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

rugger,

if it´s any comfort I think you´re perfectly entitled to state terms of conduct on your own behalf. That´s not being presumptious, as some obviously argue.

Without some hardcore sceptics this place would be sickening.

rubank

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      So, will this all-and-everything pizza still be HOT when delivered?

I hate cold pizza....
                      main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Just to make sure all bases are covered, and since I'm not sure I've read anyone say this about the MMC (Matrox mystery card)... It'll suck!

Comment

Heh... hot with features and frame rates only

Comment

Of course but you have to accept there will be a lot of teasing and chain yanking from some of us

Originally posted by rubank
                            Without some hardcore sceptics this place would be sickening.

rubank

Comment

Greebe... I suppose this means it will taste hot, but it'll be nearly cool enough to eat it with my fingers? (I hate having to apply cooling to a pizza before I can eat it )

AZ
                              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                                ... you have to accept there will be a lot of teasing and chain yanking from some of us

Hmmm...yes, but sooner or later?

rubank

Comment

Working...
                                X