Parhelia 256mb at 250mhz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia 256mb at 250mhz?

Does anyone know if the 256mb version is going to clocked at 250mhz or not? And also when is it coming out? I want a P card really bad, but can prolly wait till the faster version comes out since i have a Geforce 3 now.
    Spidey sense is going berzerk!

Nobody knows.
    As this has nothing to do with Matrox gaming, and is about a future product, this thread is moved to the Crystal Ball...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I would like for them to be able to find a way that they could max the core out at 300MHz and 350MHz DDR with an effictive rate of 700MHz. Man that would really kick ass.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I'm sure this is only the beginning for Matrox, kinda like nVidia and their series of GeForce cards. (but obviously a lot better!) I think they will make this card evolve the same way making it better and faster!

Probably in 6 to 12 months they will have increased the clock rate, the DDR speed also, have reduced to .13 micron, added more features to the card.

All they needed really was a decent base and now they have it!

That's my prediction.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

FYI (yet again) Matrox's fab UMC will be skipping 130nm process and jumping to 90nm process as of Q2 2003
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            FYI (yet again) Matrox's fab UMC will be skipping 130nm process and jumping to 90nm process as of Q2 2003
            Ok, even better!!!!!!

Comment

q2 2003 is not better, that means next Matrox chip will arrive in q1 2004? (if it's using 90nm)

Comment

Just in time for me to have a month of Doom3 performing well, and an stunning upgrade with 128:128:128:128 bit colour.

And BitchinFastRSN™
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by P5ycho
                  q2 2003 is not better, that means next Matrox chip will arrive in q1 2004? (if it's using 90nm)
                  So it might take a while for the .09 process but still, I'm sure there will be better versions of Parhelia until then.

Comment

90nm is going to be rough for them.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Despite popular beliefs, UMC does not fab the silicone for Parhelia.
                      They assemble the chips, but the silicone comes from someone else...
                      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Silicone? Interesting, must be a new manufacturing technology Matrox has developed. Bet the chips are a lot more durable than regular silcon ones, considering the flexibility of silicone elastomers (rubber).

Comment

well, exuuuuuuuuuuuse me for making a spelling error, mr perfect.

Comment

It's easy to remember:

Silicon -> electronics

Silicone -> boobs

Originally posted by Kruzin
                            well, exuuuuuuuuuuuse me for making a spelling error, mr perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                              It's easy to remember:

Silicon -> electronics

Silicone -> boobs

Matrox makes boobs now?? Hehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X