Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Parhelia II features do you want???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jolle
    hehe, DX10 isnt due in a few years since MS halted
    development on DX, they think DX9 has features enough
    to last a while..
    wich is good since Featurewize your DX9 cards from today
    will last longer..
    well, in matter of fact, not really. DX9 covers up a lot of stuff that any of nowdays HW does not support. For Example PS 3.0 and VS 3.0 have been included. (as well as the PS 2.0 and VS 2.0, except 3.0 variations take programmability beyond.) and if things look still too clear, nVidia's and S3's VS/PS 2.0+ "plus features" aren't enough for VS/PS 3.0 compliancy, so it falls somewhere between the definitions. (you can already take a guess how willing coders are to support this kind things.)
    "Dippadai"

Comment

And with the 9800 ATI introduced VS and PS 2.0++ (no joke)

But as far as I know both NV40 and R400 (the upcoming nVidia and ATI chips) support VS and PS 3.0

But both companies also announced that they wont keep up their agressive product refresh, they will only make a real new chip every 18 months (maybe even 24, not sure), but they will continue a 6 (or 9) month cycle for smaller core changes (like from r300 ->r350)

Maybe this gives Matrox some chance to get back into the game? they just gotta wait for nv40/r400 and then develop a chip that can keep up with nv45/r450

Comment

LOL... IIRC the VS and PS 3.0 specs aren't finalized yet

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
          And with the 9800 ATI introduced VS and PS 2.0++ (no joke)

But as far as I know both NV40 and R400 (the upcoming nVidia and ATI chips) support VS and PS 3.0

But both companies also announced that they wont keep up their agressive product refresh, they will only make a real new chip every 18 months (maybe even 24, not sure), but they will continue a 6 (or 9) month cycle for smaller core changes (like from r300 ->r350)

Maybe this gives Matrox some chance to get back into the game? they just gotta wait for nv40/r400 and then develop a chip that can keep up with nv45/r450
          Both companies? I thought it was only ATi wanting to go back to a 18months cycle... -but then they have more than one design team...

Comment

I wasnt sure about nvidia, but they already started by delaying the FX for a couple of months, didnt they

Comment

Working...
            X