Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone know what Haig is referring to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone know what Haig is referring to?

In the following post Haig made passing reference to an upcoming card from Matrox that does video capture AND also has a decent (probably Parhelia based) 2D/3D core.

Originally posted by Haig
    usually, capture cards need a graphic card that support direct draw overlay in order to display the video window on the desktop and also out to tv.

*snip*

If Parhelia is > your budget, you aren't in any rush, and you don't care too much about gaming, you should wait a while longer and see what we announce.
    I would definately be interested in such a card. Does anyone have any more hints as to what this card will be and when its coming out?
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Sundog

To sum up rumours from here:

Parhelia based or more likely Parhelia core
    Lower clock speed
    Some features disabled (16x FAA)
    64MB RAM
    Workstation drivers

Triple head

Price arround $200USD (Range of GF4 Ti based 64MB Quadro and lowend Wildcats)

This should catch OEM deals for High end desktops and entry level Workstations.

Announced or out soon, not soon™, most likely in a month's range.

Should be what Mistique was to Millennium or G450 to G400.

Note that theese are rumours.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 12 March 2003, 01:11.

Comment

Maybe they'll release a new set of drivers accompanying that card

Comment

If that card will do VIVO then it seems I finally found a replacement for my trusty G200. ~5 yrs of waiting seems to be over. Can't believe it.

Comment

Moved to the Crystal Ball...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'd rather keep the G200.

Comment

I won't sell it. I'll keep it in my primary box(used for linux and gcc mainly) and build another machine around the new one maybe... But ofcourse it heavily depends on the newcomer's parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                Sundog

To sum up rumours from here:

Parhelia based or more likely Parhelia core
                Lower clock speed
                Some features disabled (16x FAA)
                64MB RAM
                Workstation drivers

Triple head

Price arround $200USD (Range of GF4 Ti based 64MB Quadro and lowend Wildcats)

This should catch OEM deals for High end desktops and entry level Workstations.

Announced or out soon, not soon™, most likely in a month's range.

Should be what Mistique was to Millennium or G450 to G400.

Note that theese are rumours.
                So I take it then that Video Capture is NOT going to be included in this card, ie G400 Marvel? Again I realize that this is all hear-say.
                Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

I heard nothing regarding this matter, however it was stated that Matrox will not make consumer level all in one graphic and capture cards.

On the other hand: they could do it, there is market for them (dominated by Ati).

Comment

I think you snipped too much there, as there was a crucial part of what Haig said that is not here.

I don't know what your budget is but our Parhelia cards will allow you to connect 2 crt's and a tv to it and will output the preview window of Premiere 6.5, MSPro 7, AE, 3DSmax, and Express DV out to the tv.

This way, you can edit in a dualhead config and watch your previews/scrubs on your tv.

If Parhelia is > your budget, you aren't in any rush, and you don't care too much about gaming, you should wait a while longer and see what we announce.
                    I think Haig was talking about a lower priced card with Parhelia core, etc, rather than a return to the Marvel-esque type cards.

J1NG

Comment

Yea, in retrospect, I think your right, but I was a little bit excited when I saw Haig talking about a new product while also talking about TV-out and video capture. I guess I was hoping for a bit 2 much. Oh well, I guess my AIW 9700 Pro will have to do. I really would rather have a Matrox device in my main PC, but only time will tell.
                      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:

Mini:

Server:

Comment

Originally posted by chaoliang
                        I'd rather keep the G200.

ROFLMAO!!!

Well... true. I'd rather keep my G550... I am not paying that amount of money for a DX8 card. (and possibly with banding)

Comment

From the latest Matrox-in-the-loop newsletter

Stay In-the-Loop
                          We’re gearing up for an exciting April, so be sure to read all about it in the next issue of Matrox In-the-Loop—your guide to what's new at Matrox.
                          Exciting april? Hmmmm
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

April fools ?

Na, just kidding... Isn't it traditional that they state "exciting news" prior to the release of new cards ? Or has the term "exciting news" been used in the past for other events ?

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Ohhh...I can't wait...maybe it's time to get from them some info (prototypes maybe? G800? ;P)

Who's up for MURC Elate (Eliminators? Elite? Embitermented? Emphasis? Enforcing? Enlighten? Escalade? Escapade? Errand? Enthusuastic? Espionage? Explosive? Embarasing? Elusive? ) Super Squad?

In any variant, that would be real M.E.S.S.

Comment

Working...
                              X