still waiting !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still waiting !!!!

yo hi all matrox peeps out there I am a happy owner of a ati 9700 pro but i am still waiting for a replacement card from matrox are there any other people waiting for it ???

I still do and have hope hehehehe

had a parhelia (hhmmm sorry for miss spelling it )
    specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
    video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

I'd like to have one, but I'm not holding my breath...

Comment

I don't really think anything is out there that is better for my uses than the Parhelia.

The only thing that could justify my Parhelia's replacement would be a better card from Matrox.
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Re: still waiting !!!!

Originally posted by OZZIE_NO_GOOD
        [B]yo hi all matrox peeps out there I am a happy owner of a ati 9700 pro but i am still waiting for a replacement card from matrox are there any other people waiting for it ???
        Don't hold your breath.

Matrox doesn't have the R&D, money or brainpower to challenge ATi or nVidia on the popular gaming front where the heat and money is; it would either take a massive influx of cash or for Matrox owners to sell the company to somebody else like Intel or whatever.

I have a Parhelia and it’s good at what it does best IMO, handling big CRT monitor with a high 2D quality image and multi-monitor support, but it’s a very small niche market nowadays with digital flat panel and 3D gaming. Since there are several dual-DVI nVidia or ATi-based products on the market, that advantage the Parhelia had for some months is moot by today’s standards. nVidia's nView 2 is also extremely good as far as everything-but-the-kitchen-sink multi-monitor support goes, at the speed nVidia is moving, nView 3 will probably be better than what Matrox currently has.
        Last edited by Eon; 11 July 2003, 02:15.

Comment

Working...
        X