Boop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boop

So a thing happened, after a different thing happened.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Registrations are also open for a bit, see if it explodes or not
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Hello!
      Thanks for fixing the thing that happened after the thing!
      Jörg

PS: did you check the conspirators forum? someone asked to deregister...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I am so grateful for the thing. And it happening after itself.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I only see the new theme. Has anyone saw what happened?

Comment

new host, whole new version of vBB (php issues), some swearing at cookies to be had
            Juu nin to iro

Comment

Why no SSL / letsencrypt?

Comment

Looks weird on my Sony Android - I'll check on my desktop when i get home. Most probably, the weirdness should be personal, having been used to the old layout for decades ?

edit: just realised I have been lurking here for 30 years. Started browsing MURC in 1993 when i started my Polytechnic studies, now I'm married with three kids
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior View Post
                  edit: just realised I have been lurking here for 30 years. Started browsing MURC in 1993 when i started my Polytechnic studies, now I'm married with three kids
                  Make me feel like a newbie here. Since 2001, thought it was like 1999? I wasn't even on the web in 1993.

Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

If I remember correctly a spamming bot blew up the board in late 2000/early2001 hence the restart of the long time members. I joined in 1997 in the G200/Voodoo2 days for me 8D

Thanks for the update Dan and happy to see signs of life from you again.
                    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I remember my first Matrox card was a Mystique (with the clown on the package)... I'm assuming I joined MURC not that much after that, although it may have been only with my next card (a G200). I do remember it was at university times, so that puts my joining before 1999 when I graduated (I had internet through dial-up at home, but had fast internet access in the public PC rooms of the university).

Such a long time ago... so many life-events that I shared here.
                      pixar

Comment

For me it was the G400. I was an avid (but bad) Red Alert 2 player and I really wanted to have the game on one and the Westwood chat server on the other monitor and was wondering whether it could do that. Must have been 2019. Never actually got the G400 (was using a Mystique and dual Millenium at work). Come to think of it, I don't think I actually posted a lot on Matrox cards. There was something called a "Lounge" (not sure if it was called that then) and I guess I got to stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                          Why no SSL / letsencrypt?
                          It's on the todo, first was getting it working. should also be working again - storage issue, mysql db was a little bigger than I thought.
                          Juu nin to iro

Comment

Did an other thing happened after thing? Because the thing(1) gave me a bad thing(2) when I tried to visit the thing(1)...

(1) website
                            (2) gateway
                            pixar

Comment

Mutter mysql binlogs, grumble
                              Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                              X