Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Murcers Cars (and Bikes) Thread. What do you have, and maybe, why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
    Is this bureaucratization endemic to Belgium, or is it more widespread in Europe?
    Belgium is one of the more strict in Europe, but as UtwigMU wrote, it is a bit of a Europe thing.
    In Belgium, non approved car-modifications are forbidden (this really limits even car-tuning). There are regulations on wheel sizes, tire sizes, ... the annual technical check should verify all that - of course there are people that do illegal modifications and undo them before going to the technical check, but some modifications just cannot be undone. And police can also stop such cars. I'm not sure if there is an experimental car category, but there is an old-timer category. However, that one severely restricts car usage: a limit on the number of km allowed to be driven per year, max. distance away from home, etc. It still needs to pass a technical check, but the reference for old-timers here is not the current law but rather the original state of the car (e.g. if it came with seat belts, it needs to have seat belts).

UtwigMU: In Poland you need yellow vests for ALL people in the car; the dealers only supply you with one (not sure if that is Polish or EU). And of course the technical check verifies the expiration date of the fire extinguisher, and the medical kit. You also need spare wheel or tire fixing kit.

I never got the spare lightbulb thing: for Polo they don't describe the procedure and instruct you to go to the dealer. So why would I need bulbs if I'm unable to replace them?

Poland does not have an annual road tax, it is included in the fuel price. So that makes owning a car you don't use much cheaper.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I recently got rid of my BMW 545i which was giving me gear box, transmission and oil leaks problems and instead bought a 2020 Lexus IS 350 F Sport.
      I also have an Acura MDX and a Maserati Biturbo SI sitting in the garage (just needs a clutch)

Comment

Working...
      X