Starship flight 3 webcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship flight 3 webcast

FAA license approved, webcast begins at 0730 March 14.

The flight plan is to lift off, execute hot staging, test the pez dispenser satellite deployment door, test restarting a Raptor engine in space, and move propellant from one tank to another in a refueling test. Then Starship is to execute a orbit burn and reenter over the Indian Ocean, coming to a rest west of Australia.

If successful, the Flight 4 Starship and booster are already built and being prepared. They are hoping for at least six more launches this year.

There are only a few more version 1 Starships in flow, then come Starship version 2. Longer, nine engines instead of six, and they will have to modify the launch towers to be taller. Yes, towers. They are preparing to build a second tower at Boca Chica. They are also preparing to build a Starship launch facility at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Base at lunch complex 37. The military wants their share of the fun.

Live stream

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 March 2024, 14:36.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

New T-0

0902 Eastern

The concern is upper level winds
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Was an awesome flight.
      Can't wait for the next one.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
      X