Crew Dragon: Polaris Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crew Dragon: Polaris Dawn

Polaris Dawn is a research and fundraising mission, research for NASA and several universities and raising money for St Jude Children's Research Hospital

Date: August 26, 2024
    Time: 0338 Eastern (0738 UT)

Mission review press conference

The mission will include two spacewalks at 700 km using SpaceX's new extra vehicular activity spacesuit, and they will swing out to an altitude of 1400 km into the lower Van Allen belt. They will also test using the Starlink satellite Network to communicate with spacecraft using a laser beam.

Subsequent Polaris missions will continue, including the first crew mission of the giant Starship spacecraft.

Mission to Include Many Notable Firsts KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Fla., August 19, 2024 – The Polaris Program, a test and developmental program of new spaceflight technology, will usher in a new era of commercial space exploration when SpaceX’s Falcon 9 launches the program’s first mission, Polaris Dawn, on Monday, August 26, 2024. This milestone mission […]

“After more than two years of training, we are excited to embark on this mission,” said Jared Isaacman, commander of the Polaris Dawn mission. “We are incredibly thankful for this opportunity and to the thousands of SpaceX engineers who have contributed to this endeavor. We hope the results from our mission will accelerate SpaceX’s vision to make life multiplanetary and support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and its efforts to improve global survival rates for childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Throughout our mission, we will aim to inspire humankind to look up and imagine what we can achieve here on Earth and in the worlds beyond our own.”
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Interviews with the Polaris Dawn crew

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft.

Due to unfavorable weather forecasted in Dragon’s splashdown areas off the coast of Florida, SpaceX is standing down from Falcon 9's launch opportunities of Polaris Dawn on Wednesday, August 28 and Thursday, August 29. SpaceX teams will continue to monitor weather for favorable launch and return conditions

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 August 2024, 22:12.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

New Polaris Dawn launch date

(Weather Gods permitting)

Date: September 4, 2024

Time: 0338 Eastern (0728 UTC)

Pad: LC-39a

No streaming links yet
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
        X