No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Smart found....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim extremists weren't bad enough, now we have to worry about Mormon extremists?

(Qualifier: Common sense tells us that extremism in any form is Bad News, regardless of what Goldwater said.)

Kevin

Comment

LOL. Extremists are, in fact, bad.

At least Mormon extremists just like lots of wives, not killing thousands of civilians like Muslim extremists.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Exactly. My best friend and his bro are both Mormon and nicer people you will never meet. As with most groups, religious and otherwise, it's the always-present lunatic fringe that makes things bad for everyone else.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          LOL. Extremists are, in fact, bad.

At least Mormon extremists just like lots of wives, not killing thousands of civilians like Muslim extremists.

- Gurm
          *cough* Mountain Meadows *cough*
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I recall hearing once that Howard Hughes, in his later years, employed Mormons exclusively in positions requiring a high degree of honesty, integrity, and loyalty.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoZ
              It's really disgusting that being a cutie ( and a teenage girl ) makes you a big target (then victim) to alot of these sleazeballs out there.
              And some of these sleazeballs run Hollywood and the fashion world.

Comment

lol. true true KVH. especially the fashion world.

no offend to any fashion designer or anything, but their personality is one source where they get those "innovate" fashion ideas, and you know how skimpy the clothes look gee i wondered why

sorry if i offended any fashion designer here tho.

Comment

Yeah it's a shame how many of these 16yo girls who get fashion contracts go to New York or Paris by themselves and wind up on serious drugs when the big checks come rolling in.

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
                    Muslim extremists weren't bad enough, now we have to worry about Mormon extremists?

(Qualifier: Common sense tells us that extremism in any form is Bad News, regardless of what Goldwater said.)

Kevin
                    The only worry with Mormon extremists is that they will talk your ear off about religion

Plural marriage of any sort has been outlawed by the church for well over a hundred years. Anyone even attempting polygamy is instantly and automatically excommunicated. Which is probably why there are dozens of break-offs so they can have their multiple wives.

My favorite quote about polygamy, from Mark Twain's "Roughing It":

"With the gushing self-sufficiency of youth, I was feverish to plunge in headlong and achieve a great reform here [to abolish polygamy] -- until I saw the Mormon women. Then I was touched. My heart was wiser than my head. It warmed toward these poor, ungainly and pathetically homely creatures, and as I turned to hide the generous moisture in my eyes, I said, 'No; the man that marries one of them has done a deed of Christian charity which entitles him to the kindly applause of mankind, not their harsh censure, and the man that marries 60 of them has done a deed of open-handed generosity so sublime that the nation should stand uncovered in his presence and worship in silence."

Jammrock
                    Last edited by Jammrock; 17 March 2003, 08:08.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      Yeah it's a shame how many of these 16yo girls who get fashion contracts go to New York or Paris by themselves and wind up on serious drugs when the big checks come rolling in.
                      One of the worst stories about the fashion industry was that of Gia Carangi. Very sad.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                      X