Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arg! It was 70 degrees here this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Topic:
    Though nVidia was actively researching SOI and Germanium oxide (?) to reduce power requirements...
    Now to me THIS is what they should be concentrating on! This would have been a step forward but instead they are just gonna end up putting a MASSIVE heatsink that will take up more and more space.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 19 March 2003, 16:00.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yeah.. at this rate they will be taking up all the PCI slots with heatsinks
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Where did that info come from Tempest? nVidia has no business researching those things. They aren't a fab. Your source is highly suspect.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Gah! That's wacky weather for ya. Friggin snow.

Comment

The snow stopped last night. Sun was out today.
            Many damaged and downed trees, and collapsed roofs from the exessive weight.
            Got to have lots of fun digging through over 4' of snow/slush to get to the garage, then dig to get the car out of the garage.
            Stuff weighed a ton. Heavy, wet, slushy snow.
            Now comes the big melt-down. Supposed to be back in the 50s(f) this weekend. Got up to 40f today, and the flooding has already started.

On the bright side, this blizzard went a long way to helping out our severe drought conditions...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I still would have rather had 5" of rain than 5' of snow.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat Where did that info come from Tempest? nVidia has no business researching those things. They aren't a fab. Your source is highly suspect.
                Aw, you're always so serious about these things, aren't you

You can see my "source" in the post, just click on the link. It's not that I would trust every rumour at Ace's Hardware... That's why it is posted as a heating aid in "the Lounge", not in big red letters in General HW/SW.

Comment

Working...
                X