Replica SA80 (LA85A1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica SA80 (LA85A1)

Just bought a replica SA80 , the standard British army assault weapon for about £64. The gun is mostly harmless and only shoots plastic bb's; Thats providing I dont do something stupid like walk down the road and point it at people or try to holdup a bank. My girlfriend thinks its obscene and worries, but I'm as happy as a pig in shit with it. I would have preferred the real thing but they are limited and expensive.

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

I have some experience with the real things, and also the bipod-bearing LSW variant (Light Support Weapon). They are good weapons in theory - and nice to use, WHEN THEY WORK PROPERLY. Prone to jamming, and general crappiness.

They ARE extremely accurate though. So much so in fact, that they had to fix a flaw that when on fully automatic and resting on a bipod, a whole magazine would go through the same whole in whatever you were shooting. Not very useful a lot of the time. So they "built-in" some creep.

Still, is it really legal to have a replica?
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Not sure if it is still legal to have them but they are openly on sale in some stores as are a variety of other designs. I also believe (rightly or wrongly) that the design flaws may have been removed by HK.

Regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

So what are you gonna do with it? Any chance it could be modified to be more dangerous?
        FT.

Comment

Hello Tony
          Not sure what I am going to do with it except keep it for testosterone purposes.
          As far as I can see nothing can be done to make it more dangerous except possibly try to replace the plastic BB's with lead ones. Its only a replica in the sense that it looks and feels like a SA80 albeit at half the weight.
          Interests include:

Comment

I just wondered why people like to own these things
            Personally I'd rather have a prettier ornament
            FT.

Comment

Working...
            X