No announcement yet.

What is the Matrix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, well, Utwig basically already said what I meant to say.

I'm definitely judging the book by its cover here, but seeing that the trailer includes All Your Favorite Characters From Part One Plus Extra Added Bonus Baddies™ I won't get my hopes up. Especially considering that I thought the first film already was ridiculous in some parts, namely the "Rooftop Rescue" and "My name is Neo" scenes.
    But the first film was also surprisingly atmospheric at times, and even had some attempts at awaking thoughts. So, now when success is guaranteed (it has the Matrix name, after all) I guess I was hoping to see a dark, atmospheric and more "philosophical" sequel with the occasional well-timed action scene. Unless that trailer only depicts the first thirty minutes of the film, I don't think that is going to happen. I'm not saying that it couldn't be good entertainment for those enjoying Hong Kong action flicks and the kind, though.

ps. I know that the Brothers are perfectionists when it comes to stunts, camera angles and special effects. I don't know if they're that way about the plot...

Comment

surprisingly atmospheric at times, and even had some attempts at awaking thoughts.
      scenes like that doesn´t work well in trailers. trailers for movies like this, ONLY contains the action/special effects-scenes. never judge an action movie by its trailers. trailers have to be very short, and really deep scenes like the ones, you are talking about can´t be shown in a matter of seconds, they need to be shown in the right context, and the viewer has to be in a certain mood, for those scenes to work. you don´t have that luxury, when you are making a trailer.
      generally speaking: important scenes, that describes the plot or sets the mood, are too slow-paced for trailers.
      Last edited by TdB; 11 April 2003, 16:35.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by TDB
        scenes like that doesn´t work well in trailers. trailers for movies like this, ONLY contains the action/special effects-scenes. never judge an action movie by its trailers. trailers have to be very short, and really deep scenes like the ones, you are talking about can´t be shown in a matter of seconds, they need to be shown in the right context, and the viewer has to be in a certain mood, for those scenes to work. you don´t have that luxury, when you are making a trailer.
        generally speaking: important scenes, that describes the plot or sets the mood, are too slow-paced for trailers.
        The trailer did hint at the lovelife of Neo & Trinity, and Morpheus has some lines that are obviously part of something bigger.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yes, but they can only hint of that. a typical trailer consist of 80% explosions/combat/action, 10% hint of a conflict(this can include "the point of no return" scene) and 10% love scenes, and 0% percent of the scenes that makes a movie really stand out as a great movie.
          this works well in a trailer, but the percentages well be quite different in the full movie.

my point is: a trailer rarely describes a movie well, they are made to peek your couriosity, not to describe the movie.
          Last edited by TdB; 11 April 2003, 17:08.
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
          X