• Show
Clear All

• www.madonna.com hax0red

MP3s for download, run don't walk.

Teh Screenshot.
    Attached Files

Comment

Pretext:

Madonna uploaded bogus songs to P2P networks featuring "What the f*** you think, you're doing?" rather than song. Someone apparently thought this is not a good idea and hax0red her site.

From arstechnica

Madonna's special greeting for P2P users

Posted 4/17/2003 - 12:36PM, by Ken "Caesar" Fisher
      Madonna and cohorts are attempting to stifle illegal online distribution of her latest album, "American Life," by uploading MP3 decoys to peer-to-peer networks. These decoys are audio files that, when played, deliver Madonna's own special message to the listener:

"What the f*** do you think you're doing?"

I guess that whole "Ray of Light" spiritual awakening thing didn't help out with her ability to convey her feelings in a direct and personal manner, *cough*. Is this any way to treat potential buyers? According to EuropeMedia, the move is supposed to jostle users into complicity.

By creating and distributing a spoof MP3 file for ‘American Life’ that feature’s the singer’s blunt question rather than her song, Madonna and record company Warner Bros hope that users of Kazaa and other P2P networks will be suitably baffled not to search for the real version.

Right. Good luck with that one! All this makes me want to do is hop onto a P2P network and find the decoy file! The album is due out next week, and while Madonna has committed to releasing her material in digital form, she is only licensing "permanent ownership" to those who buy the entire album in digital form. Single tracks can essentially only be leased. What a value. Or Not.

[Discussion | Send to a Friend]
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 19 April 2003, 03:31.

Comment

Screenshot of main site that says:

"This is what the f*** I think I'm doing..."
        Attached Files

Comment

Site is still hacked at the moment.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

hehe...

This is somewhat amusing...

Comment

currently offline.. hehe

Comment

Mirror of hax0red site.

Comment

You know, this was all just a trick to get your IP Numbers, so they can sue you. It's their server, they have the logs

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                  X