Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
    eh...I like Ginger Beer
    and if Jord was around I'd bet his choice would be licorice flavored.

But really now, if you must have non alcoholic beer there must be some underlying condition that should be addressed.

This is no different than drinking a flat cola. (barf) Nobody but nobody in their right mind does it.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
      This is what I think about when you say NON-ALCOHOIC!!

lol I always think of yellow snow, melted and bottled
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ginger beer somewhat similar to root beer(i think)..it was never an alcoholic drink it is just made by brewing...

Bundaberg Ginger beer an Australian icon....(it is a softdrink)

but as "beer" beer goes if it don't have alcohol in it I would not consider it to be a beer.

"Melted yellow snow" I like that analogy, but since it never snows here its not the kind of thing that would spring to my mind.

Comment

I disagree - non alcoholic beer gives you the refreshing taste of a cool lager, but none of the alcohol. So "recovering" alcoholics can drink it. Which has got to be a good thing.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
            I disagree - non alcoholic beer gives you the refreshing taste of a cool lager, but none of the alcohol. So "recovering" alcoholics can drink it. Which has got to be a good thing.
            There's a little danger, because usually "non-alcoholic" beer carries still some alcohol, but it should be below half a percent (as ZokesPro already hinted)

Even the german malt beer (somewhat comparable with american root beer) has alcohol, although most likely in the 0.1 percentage range and below.
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Maggi - many cakes have more.
              Besides giving recovering alcoholic beer (even non alcoholic) won't be very helpful to him...not a good idea overall...
              Last edited by Nowhere; 30 April 2003, 02:17.

Comment

Non alcoholic beer in Finland 2.6% (I) normal 4,6% (III) strong 5.2% (IV) or more usualy 7-10% (IVB)!
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Non-Alc beer seems to hit the spot for the ex-alcies that I know Also does for me when I want a beer but no alcohol. And the becks stuff is the best I've tried.

Comment

But the thing is there's a very thin line between buying somewhere non alcoholic beer and normal one...

Comment

If you're going to relapse its unlikely to be on beer.

Comment

Recovering alcoholics are not the only ones who need to drink non-alcoholic beverages. Medical conditions and drugs may require abstainence.

Comment

This is really not a good idea for recovering alcoholics - for recovered maybe...

One of the "prime directives" states that even eating a candy/ice/cofee could be dangerous (in many cases they have alcohol). And that alcoholic during healing must remember that drinking non alcoholic beer or champagne is the same danger as drinking the first glass of "real" alcohol.

Of course generalizations rather don't work in case of this illness...healing it requires very individual approach - but nonethless the rule I quoted above is very often (if not almost always) correct.

The alcoholic needs something else to fill emptiness that alcohol left (some hobby for example) - not the substitute of alcohol, which non alcoholic beer rather is...
                          There's also this: outside release - even seeing bottle of alcohol/commercial of alcohol intensifies alcohol hunger - in fact, this is one of the main reasons for it to occur, imagine what can do n-a beer...

about your examples...I don't know nothing about them, but remember that you can say that someone's alcoholic NOT by seeing how often he drinks, rather what's happening to that someone before/during/after drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                            Take your pick

Dr. Mordrid
                            It's nice having a choice.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I think the Löwenbräu is not bad. They're brewing a terrible alcoholic beer, but the alcohol-free is one of the better of its species.
                              Similar goes for Henninger "Gerstel": while the ordinary Henninger is definitely not a beer I'd choose, its alcohol free "brother" is among the better non-alcoholic beers.
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X