OMG, something worse than SARS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck

Never in my life have I said "May twenty sixth two thousand and three". NEVER!

I may have said "Twenty sixth of May, two thousand and three" and I may have written "26 May 2003" but NEVER have I said "May twenty sixth two thousand and three" nor am I likely to be so illogical.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I agree with the guy. Alphabetically sorted filenames that are named with yyyymmdd dates fall into logical date order also.. can be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
        Chuck

Never in my life have I said "May twenty sixth two thousand and three". NEVER!

I may have said "Twenty sixth of May, two thousand and three" and I may have written "26 May 2003" but NEVER have I said "May twenty sixth two thousand and three" nor am I likely to be so illogical.
        May twenty sixth two thousand and three" a date which will live in infamy!
        Or, perhaps not...
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I always thought that the forth of May was the real joke
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Why do we have to be consistant anyway? My birth day is August the eighth, nineteen seventysix. But the fourth of July is when we celerbrate independence day.

The computer argument is pointless since the computer has to convert to and from an internal format, and it doesn't matter what the ordering of the data is since it can't natively handle time and date's without additional instructions anyway (CPU's don't have seconds/minutes (base 60), hours (base 24), or days (base 365) data formats.) Right now my HP48GX thinks it's:

Or in decimal format: 517908064691977, that's the number of ticks (1/8192 of a second) since it's clocks reference point.

Comment

Working...
            X