No announcement yet.

2005 BMW M6 ... drool ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still hope sales flop like a dead fish. Maybe I'm being impractical/material here, but looks mean a lot to me. Not the be all and end all, but they mean a lot. I know the new bimmers will drive well and will be QUALITY on the inside, but the sheer ugliness of them will stop me from ever buying one.
    Bart

Comment

...well, can't resist...

BMWs marketing strategy is playing up the heavy egoed, non-driver, Batman fan would-be types who have big bucks and big inferiority complexes. The engineers are at least keeping the performance and handling qualities, but the the exteriors are growing bulbous and heavy, while attempting to project some obscure and perverse form of fantasy/pomposity, which says something about the mental state and age of the designers. No grace, no delight.

I tend to judge a car from the drivers seat, and as long as the outer form doesn't compromise performance, I can accept some wierdities, but there's a limit.

I've bought only BMW for the last twenty years, so these upcoming heavies put me in a real twist. I can only hope they come up with a decent M3. The M5 and the projected M6, whatever their performance specs might be, are just too lunky.

Let's see what Alpina come up with as an improvement...

(Gurm, now that's a good Avy!)
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

Working...
      X