The NEW Marines Corps ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW Marines Corps ;-)

A Marine gave birth aboard the amphibious assault ship USS Boxer in the Persian Gulf last month, marking what Pentagon officials believe is the first time an active-duty woman delivered a baby on a combat ship in a war zone....

Elaine Donnelly, director of the Center for Military Readiness, said the birth should spur the Pentagon to review its policies. "I know the Marines are good at 'multiplying' the force, but this is ridiculous,"
    Indeed

A Marine gave birth aboard the amphibious assault ship USS Boxer in the Persian Gulf last month, marking what Pentagon officials believe is the first time an active-duty woman delivered a baby on a combat ship in a war zone.

Sheesssshhh......

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 June 2003, 10:12.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

now why exactly would a pregnant woman be on active duty???
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

It makes you wonder
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

would she really have been at sea for more than 9 months?
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Don't tell me that she was hiding this.

Nah, impossible - even in normal life it would be very hard.

Comment

The Navy adopted regulations in the mid-1990s that declare pregnancy compatible with military service. But the new policy also placed requirements on service members.
            Yet another of Bill Clintons politically correct policies

The regulations, updated in March, state: "The individual servicewoman is responsible for notifying her CO ... of her pregnancy as soon as possible, but no later than two weeks after diagnosis of pregnancy. This will help facilitate planning a request for replacement requisition if the servicewoman is in a sea going/deployable billet."

No service member can be assigned overseas after the 28th week of pregnancy, the policy says.

The rule is designed to protect the health of the mother and the baby.
            So before 28 weeks the mother & child are fair game?

Sounds like B.C. again.....

Mrs. Donnelly said her research shows that there have been four deliveries at sea since women entered the fleet in 1978. None happened in a war zone on a combat ship. Two occurred in 1994 on support ships while in port.
            Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 June 2003, 10:55.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well if I had a girlfriend or wife that went away on duty while pregnant I would call her irresponsible.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X