Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HULK

So, we went to see this...

It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

The CGI, while definitely "comic bookish", was MUCH better than the previews or the workprint would lead one to believe.

You wouldn't think that they would change it SO much from the previews to final release (aren't previews usually clipped from the final movie?) but perhaps Sony realized that it was getting universally mocked.

They monkeyed with the story a lot, which was a bit much. But otherwise it was actually good. Enjoyed it a lot, and Jennifer Connely seems to be over the "gotta be anorexic" kick she was on, and back to just being beautiful.

Eric Bana was very good as Dr. Banner, and Nick Nolte was perfect for his (largely made up and silly) role.

Overall I was very pleased, ESPECIALLY with Ang Lee's directing. Not only the zoom-out frame-style boxes, but the overall feel of the movie felt very much like a familiar comic book.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

I definitely won't go watching Hulk in the cinema because of UIPs crazy new price-schemes.

Many big cinema-lines here in german (like CinemaxX) won't show this movie because it's simply too expensive and that's good, I think. (the same should have been done with LOTR, before).

This WILL hurt the income and maybe UIP will rethink their pricing. Otherwise (if there was no resistance) we will see the prices for cinema visits ricing by a considerable amount in a short time since others will follow UIPs example.
    Last edited by Indiana; 5 July 2003, 18:01.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

How much does it cost there? I pay anywhere from $6 a ticket (using my aging student ID card or at the local small theater) to $12 a ticket (IMAX movies). Usually about $8 at the nice megaplex down the street with digital audio and video.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

4-8€, depending on day in a 1st class megaplex theater.

Apparently UIP had upped the rent prices for cinemas so that they would have to rise the ticket prices. The manager of the CinemaxX company said that they would rather not show Hulk or any other film priced that high than doing this.

But I've now seen Hulk in the program of a CinemaxX in Stuttgart. I'd just like to know who has given in, UIP or CinemaxX.
        My System
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Cinemaxx also don't see why they should pay for THX certification.. but seeing that they're the biggest megaplex chain in germany, I don't think they have such a bad position, and I guess they managed to wrangle some rebate for themselves.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

THX certification is crap anyways.
            I guess Lucas would give a THX certified logo even to the fan of the Geforce FX5800Ultra, as long as nVidia paid enough...
            My System
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
            X