What Production Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjolley
    PS You could even carry a UNIMOG as a spare.
    you got me. I expected a lot of jokes, but not this one. I know these unimogs, one can see them quite often up in the mountains, crawling around where no one is expecting a car anymore (summer & winter).

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Range Rover.
      nuff said
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Now you all should've expected this answer coming from me -

MyCarData is an Automotive Website containing articles, reviews, videos and photos.

Co-developed with Porsche (Theirs is the Cayenne, more of a soccer mom SUV never to touch dirt though)

I'm waiting a couple of years to see how it fares, but if it's anywhere near as off road capable as my 71 F100 it will be in my driveway by 2005.
        Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

ok if you want the ultimate:http://www.lambocars.com/framed/lm/lm.htm
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by seether

Co-developed with Porsche (Theirs is the Cayenne, more of a soccer mom SUV never to touch dirt though)
            Huh? The Cayenne seems to be a real SUV from the reviews I've read. It does a lot better off-road than half the "SUVs" out there.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

It is a real SUV - the soccer mom comment was my subjective take

It's lower, the drivetrain is a 60/40 split I think, and the fact that it will probably be a $70,000 + suv makes one think the target buyer is more of a grocery getter plus no white knuckles in snow than the weekend trips up mt Elbert
              Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

probably not easy to find anywhere except OZ is the OKA

This website is for sale! ecars.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ecars.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

crude looking, krap top speed...but it will pretty anywhere you want to go.

They are made to spend months in the bush. No components are exotic they are built with parts that are easilty replacable for those unforseen circumstances..

I alway's love the specs, compare the power to torque produced. It not going anywhere fast but its going to F%#ing get there no matter what...

Power 81 at 2800, torque 354 at 1600, 5spd gearbox, 2spd transfer-case, wheel-base 3045mm, 8.25x16 or 9.00x16 tyres.

Comment

One of the guys in Alice used to have one (maint for telstra) He'd go of on a maintenance run for 2 months at time. He always got back.

Dan
                  Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Those Unimogs... sturdy as hell. I read some years ago that they produced a "fun" Unimog, I guess for people who think SUVs are too small.. 32 gears forward and backwards, lowest gear under 100m per hour top speed.

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

If you want an affordable "Reliable" vehicle that will get 20+ miles per gallon....Get a 4-Runner. It will go more places than the gas guzzling Landcruiser.

Last edited by ALBPM; 8 July 2003, 11:26.
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

20+ mpg?

Comment

I average 22.5 for my typical work week. Combined city and a bit of highway driving with the AC running full time these days.
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

You wouldn't want to do that with UK petrol prices, even if they are a little cheaper now (~75p/litre) than they were (~85p/litre)!

Of course, we try to respect emmisions quotas here too
                            FT.

Comment

Working...
                            X