Insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those prices are MURDER
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
      I don't buy it. I've lived in PA (close enough to NJ), and my brother lives in NJ.

He drives a "sports car" (BMW coupe), has a dozen tickets and two accidents to his name, not to mention other claims such as thefts and backing into stuff...

And his insurance is nowhere NEAR that.

Your friend is full of it. And if he's such a bad driver that his insurance is THAT bad, maybe he shouldn't be driving.

Gurm_

Well he is 24

Yeah New Jersey is ****ed up like I said I'm 28, no accidents reported and pay 2200 a year on a car thats almost 20K and a year old and my friend who has a brand new car is paying $2600 on a G35 coupe....whats wrong here?
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
        .whats wrong here?
        Your state legislature is bought and paid for by the insurance lobby if your rates are this high. Move. Disgusting that the US is like this.. How on Earth can $10,000 per year auto insurance rates be tolerated by ANYONE? I pay $278 per year for enhanced liability coverage, and that's IT!

Tell him to get his money from the insurance company.. you don't have it.. and can't help him. If it's a matter of being a loyal friend, you already did your part there by driving the drunk ****er home. If he expects you to pay this out of pocket he is no friend at all. Sorry, bud.

Comment

Well said KvH
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            Your state legislature is bought and paid for by the insurance lobby if your rates are this high. Move. Disgusting that the US is like this.. How on Earth can $10,000 per year auto insurance rates be tolerated by ANYONE? I pay $278 per year for enhanced liability coverage, and that's IT!

Tell him to get his money from the insurance company.. you don't have it.. and can't help him. If it's a matter of being a loyal friend, you already did your part there by driving the drunk ****er home. If he expects you to pay this out of pocket he is no friend at all. Sorry, bud.

Ah well you pay for the damage that you may cause to the other cars that you keep hitting. You haven't hit any!! Well you may do and cause loads of damage and have to pay compensation for the injuries to the other party.

Crap you're being ripped off.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

KHV,

Thanks for the kind words...I left him a message and told him that paying for the damages to his vechicle and the person who I hit was too much to bear for me out of pocket and I would cover his deductable and I had no control over what his insurance would do to him.

Comment

Obviously the most logical choice, good move
                A Smith & Wesson beats Four Aces

Comment

Brave (in terms of risking friendliness) but more than that you shouldn't have even been asked to do.
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

KVH is right there. If he complains tell him he shouldn't have been such a piss head.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well the good thing is its a friend of my best friend and I told my best friend to stay out of it since it could get ugly and I didnt want him to get in the middle of it.

Comment

I have never heard about insurance rates above 1000$ in sweden ever
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

1994 XR2 mk1 value £400 insurance £800 third party. Zero no claims as I had to build back up after selling my orginal car while a student. Needless to say I didn't bother buying the vehicle.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X