Which Opera 7 Skin do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Opera 7 Skin do you use?

I use Blues-M7. It's space-saving, non-distracting, and yet not butt ugly. I also have "special effects" disabled as that makes it all feel less responsive.

The standard blue-and-white skin is horrible: It's not very beautiful, and utterly confusing (especially with special effects on and all the useless buttons the freshly installed browser starts with). The standard windows skin is very ugly.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Hi Ya Az,
    Thanks for the push in moving to OPERA, I love it. I haven't learned everything about it, but I'm getting there. Love the wand password manager and the tabbed browsing. Haven't played with the mouse thingy. I did something to make it show up once, but it hasn't happened since. Tried to use the mail, but it doesn't work for me, I can send messages from it, but I don't always receive messages. Never really tried to work it out.

Now as far as the skin... I use basic plus as it was the only one that had titles under the icons. But I just loaded your Blues-M7 and I kind of like it too. I like that it is a little more compact and has a nicer colour, but I miss the colour on the folders. And boy are there alot of ugly skins ( no offence to the creaters ) but some of them do stink. Now my only problem is that I have a ton of skins on my VIEW pull down menu. Any way I can get rid of some of the stinkers.
    And thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoZ
      ... Haven't played with the mouse thingy. I did something to make it show up once, but it hasn't happened since. ...
      Alt-P / mouse and keyboard / check the box for enable mouse gestures.

Mouse gestures now work. See the following page for the gestures available.

dshumake

Comment

I use IE.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Rhinoz: My pleasure

You can have text under the buttons for all skins, just right click a button bar and select "images and text below".

The skins and settings etc. are in the "skins" folder in your Opera settings directory. Go to the Help menu, then about, there is a listing of Opera's directories

There are a lot of features I haven't yet discovered, and I'm using it since 3.62!

The latest I found is ctrl+j - a list of all the links on the page, where you can select multiple links, and then open them all at once in new tabs - great for forums when there are lots of new posts

AZ

Comment

Netscape Classic skin.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Alrighty then, you guys are making me spend more time tinkering with Opera. Good thing I started my vacation today (but nobody told my girls..they woke up at 6:00am)
              Anyways going to try and change my motherboard this week. I picked up a ecs k7s5a pro board and an AMD 2000XP for $50 from a guy at work who upgraded to Intel. Also going to clean up my pictures I took over last year. But most of all I'm going to relax and enjoy the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by az

The latest I found is ctrl+j - a list of all the links on the page, where you can select multiple links, and then open them all at once in new tabs - great for forums when there are lots of new posts
                If you hadn't noticed, like myself, on the Hotlist (F4) there is a button for Links also. And if you are using multiple monitors and don't mind using one just for the hotlist you can open a hotlist, or any number you want, in a new window(s) and then use them all at the same time. If you open a link in one of the windows you can drag the tab to any of the other open windows.

dshumake

Comment

Yes, Opera has become VERY powerful with version 7

I don't use the links panel because I very rarely use the hotlist, because I don't like it floating, and my page bar is at the left hand side of Opera - with the docked hotlist, there's not much space left

I wish they'd give the Hotlist windows panel the same functionality as the new page bar (drag'n'drop, single-clicks minimizing/normalizing windows, right-click menu...), and keep the tree structure. I'd lose the page bar in favor for the always open hotlist I guess.

But I'm still toying with the thought of having the page bar on top, instead of left.

AZ

Comment

I have the page tabs on top and generally leave the hotlist on the left side. If a website doesn't fit into the remaining space, especially on a laptop, pressing F4 hides the hotlist.

dshumake

Comment

WOW!

I just opened 232 new tabs in Opera 7.20 Beta 2 all at once (I just hit ctrl+j on the Lounge Forum first page, marked everything, and clicked "Open in background page"), and it took about 15 seconds! This included the chat window, so the time includes loading the Java VM! The browser was not in the least bit sluggish when closing windows, after it took a second or so for the first three or four windows. This was on a Duron 750 with only 256 MB RAM, and Opera 7.11 open, too.

This is amazing! This is by far the fastest Browser I've ever used, way faster than 6.05!

BTW, memory management has improved, too. After closing all the tabs, Opera now uses 19.704K memory (bear in mind that I have an undo for the last 100 closed tabs!).

AZ
                      Last edited by az; 24 July 2003, 03:26.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                        WOW!

I just opened 232 new tabs in Opera 7.20 Beta 2 all at once
                        AZ

Now that is sad. I take you were bored.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

well, it took me about two seconds

[small]yes, I was bored...[/small]

AZ

Comment

Occhi Blue is very nice