No announcement yet.

Speaking of cars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW has been playing with the 3er headlight design for the last few years, refining an animalistic menacing look that says "I would advise you to get out of my way!"

With the 5ers and 7ers they've been doing variations of owl eyes meant to say "It would be wise if you got out of my way!"

I feel they've gone a bit too far with 5ers and 7ers now, giving it an amber eyebrow turn signal.

I just drove behind a new Ford Mondeo. The ass end looks like it's saying, with an evil grimace and raised eybrows, "I'm not getting out of anybody's way! Don't even think about it!"

Games.

You can still get the M5 here as a new car, but still in the old look. They may well drop it for the M6. Wish they had continued the 850i.
    Last edited by mutz; 24 July 2003, 10:34.
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

I too long to own an 850, but it's hard to get one, even used, for less than a mint.

M5's are still available new on virtually every lot, due to the limited number of people that can justify spending $20k extra on a letter when they're already spending way too damn much on the car.

I want the head of Chris Bangladesh on a ****ing silver platter, you hear me?

Gpar_
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Vot vee are knowing is de global warming is melting de polar caps and glaciers.

Vot is happening is de level ov de sea is rising, yesh indeed.

Soon Bangladesh be unner water!

Who cares?

Comment

...eat your heart out...

840Ci A grün 85.000km 03.94 CHF28.800,- Läderach Automobile AG 8500 Frauenfeld

850i A schwarz 220.000km 03.91 CHF10.500,- Bellevue Auto AG 6280 Hochdorf

850i A blau 198.000km 06.91 CHF19.800,- J. Stocker AG 5432 Neuenhof

850i A rot 92.000km 09.91 CHF26.800,- Max Heidegger AG 9495 Triesen

850i A schwarz 111.000 01.93 CHF29.900,- Christian Jakob AG 9016 St. Gallen
          Who cares?

Comment

Mutz,

Gpar_ said "for less than a mint." Which means they can be found, but they are still very expensive.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

$20,000 for a 850i in excellent condition is cheap. Cost ten times that new.
              Who cares?

Comment

Pretty?
                Attached Files
                Who cares?

Comment

Yes, $20k is cheap. I briefly flirted with the idea of getting one when I bought my current car, but it was just TOO much. A _nice_ one was closer to $30k, and the ones for $20k were too old and had too many miles. Book value was just too much - and still is.

Gpar_
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Looking at the price of the M3 CSL, I'm reconsidering that one. The main thing you are paying the extra 30% for over the M3 is that the CSL is 200 kilos lighter. Actually, I'm happy with the car I've got now, so I don't know why I'm sniffing around for a new piece of tail... Dummy!
                    Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                    X