No announcement yet.

French heat wave deaths....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...two in KC and perhaps a few in each city in the hot zones, which while tragic isn't near what's being seen in Europe and especially France on a per-capita basis.

Yes, I'm sure the oldsters are dehydrating and this is causing many if not most of the deaths, but this goes back to people abandoning their oldsters for weeks at a time without making arrangements. It also says a lot about their health care and elder care agencies.

Here in the US if a heat wave hits the cities open cooling centers, usually in public facilities or donated space in private buildings, and go out to find people who need to use them.

Sounds like an idea whose time has come in France at the very least.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 August 2003, 08:30.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      Aside from the infrastructure issues this says something cultural IMO. It also says something about poor planning and execution on everyones part.
      Ah, you are seeking the cause of the infrastructure issues... Hmm... Could well be cultural ... dunno...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

If it is cultural then that blows the notion of French culture being so advanced, but to me it shows a basic lack of common sense.

Of course common sense is something far-left educational systems tend to discourage in favor of PC dogma, so....

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hot summers followed by cold winter is a myth.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
              If it is cultural then that blows the notion of French culture being so advanced, but to me it shows a basic lack of common sense.

Of course common sense is something far-left educational systems tend to discourage in favor of PC dogma, so....

Dr. Mordrid
              Doc, please keep the political crapola out of this. It's about heatwaves...

Comment

Working...
              X