Idiots really don't know that they are: a study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiots really don't know that they are: a study

A friend passed this study along. It's a little old, but very interesting reading.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Yeah - I always take great solace in the way that I am always very critical of myself... somehow it doesn't really make me feel any better though...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

This reminds me of my brother. He is extremely smart in most areas but the one unfortunate drawback for him is his ability to see a dangerous situation or use good judgement in these situations.

My example:

He just bought an AR-15. Keep in mind that he has never taken any kind of safety coarse or has any experience in shooting this weapon and very little experience in other weapons. He pulls it out to show me and starts waving it around, pointing it in my direction. I start to get pissed off and tell him to quit pointing it in my direction. He ignorantly says that I am being paranoid and not worry becuase it isn't loaded. He proceeds to cycle the chamber where a .223 pops out and lands on the ground. I didn't need to say anything as the situation spoke for itself.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

We all know people like this. ("But I wore the juice,")

Did you kick his Butt Dave????
        I would have had my little brother in an immediate Headlock giving him a good "Dutch Rub" on his Bald spot....LOL

Now I know why he has that bald spot....ROFL!!!!
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
          This reminds me of my brother. He is extremely smart in most areas but the one unfortunate drawback for him is his ability to see a dangerous situation or use good judgement in these situations.

My example:

He just bought an AR-15. Keep in mind that he has never taken any kind of safety coarse or has any experience in shooting this weapon and very little experience in other weapons. He pulls it out to show me and starts waving it around, pointing it in my direction. I start to get pissed off and tell him to quit pointing it in my direction. He ignorantly says that I am being paranoid and not worry becuase it isn't loaded. He proceeds to cycle the chamber where a .223 pops out and lands on the ground. I didn't need to say anything as the situation spoke for itself.

Dave
          I would have taken the gun from him and stuck it up his ass.

My father was shot in the mouth at point blank range with a 22 rifle by a guy doing that when he was a kid.
          The plaster cast for his caps still exists. It looks like a paper punch was used on the intersection of his 4 front most teeth.

He got away with it once and no one was hurt, be prepared for him to do it again.

chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'd pass this article along to Gov. Howard Dean, but he probably wouldn't get it

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
              I'd pass this article along to Gov. Howard Dean, but he probably wouldn't get it

Dr. Mordrid

Dean received his B.A. from Yale University in 1971 and
              his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City in 1978.

I think you must have been referring to the World Champ.
              You can give him a call at 1600 Pennsylvania Av.

chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

He just bought an AR-15. Keep in mind that he has never taken any kind of safety coarse or has any experience in shooting this weapon and very little experience in other weapons.
                Why such people are allowed to own guns is beyond me.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                X