well i guse he never heard of Pharelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i guse he never heard of Pharelia

Play free online games and win real prizes at Gembly! All your favorite solitaire games, card games, dice games against real players. Play and win!
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Can the P drive three LCDs ?

Comment

in analogue mode
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

still i can drive three panels....
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Pah. Gates has been out of touch with technology for a loooooong time now. Anyone remember his quote from The Road Ahead? Something like "...a big breakthrough in cryptography would be a way to quickly factor large prime numbers...."

He's 100% businessman.
          Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
            Pah. Gates has been out of touch with technology for a loooooong time now. Anyone remember his quote from The Road Ahead? Something like "...a big breakthrough in cryptography would be a way to quickly factor large prime numbers...."

He's 100% businessman.
            Betcha he still thinks we all have 8086's with 640K of memory too!
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

No, Gates and MS in general are quite ahead of things. I have a friend that's helping run their emerging technologies group - MS takes this seriously.

Sometimes they surprise me. Like when I saw their Bluetooth mouse. MS's was the only one out there I saw.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit

He's 100% businessman.
                Why is that quote "out of touch"? Do we have a technology to quickly factor large prime numbers?

Comment

the Parhelia HR256 supports up to 4 digital LCDs (i don't know at what resolution) and 2 with 3840 x 2400 resolution.
                  also the Matrox QID based on Parhelia LX supports 4 digital LCDs at a resolution of 1600x1200 each.
                  nospam

Comment

I was talking about Gates himself, not MS in general. He seems to spend a lot of time making grandiose predictions of the future of IT and business without checking or understanding the facts. Hence you get moments like the article references, where he says that in three years it will be possible to do what no doubt a few MURCers are doing today and have been doing for a while. I bet he has no clue about the issues which might halt or slow down Moore's Law, for example.

(To be fair BTW, I think The Road Ahead turned out to have been ghostwritten.)

Kooldino - Think about what it means for a number to be prime
                    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Bill Gates is one of those people who have no idea what they are talking about, but know very well what they are doing.
                      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                      Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
                        Bill Gates is one of those people who have no idea what they are talking about, but know very well what they are doing.
                        And looks like a turtle even though he can easily afford a decent hairstylist!
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                        X