On the Road Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Road Again...

Well boss and finances permitting, I'm planning a little trip next year in the end of April/beggining of May area. Planning on hitting Canada and the States. Mostly to catch up with as many murcers as possible. (and in Canada get some real beer )

This is only in the early planning stages atm, but I will only have at max 3 ~ 4 days for Canada and maybe 7 if I'm lucky for the States.

Now I hand it over to you guys to tell me where to go, so I can get drunk/eat with the maximum percentage of you, in the given time allowed. And damn do I need a holiday.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Where in Canada do you plan on visiting?

I'm in Toronto, along with a few other Murcers.

Let me know!

Comment

well Toronto and Montreal is the only places on my list atm. (will also gladly accept sofa space as well )
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Well, Dan.. I'm in the middle of nowhere, so I doubt there are many other MURCers to see here, but I'd be glad to meet in Dallas if bsdgeek and the other Chuck (Jolley) would like to drive down.. and anyone else who might want to meet there as well. Might be good for a laugh or two.

How about it, guys?

Papadeaux's is a good eatery there. Pretty fair Cajun seafood and steak.

Comment

John P. and I are in Kansas, though there's not much here. Unless you like food. We have lots of good food, especially BBQ. You could eat at a different BBQ joint every night for a month. The local brewery, Boulevard, is good here too, from what other people tell me

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Myself, Rags, Wombat, and one or two others are in the Denver area.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

NYC!

Comment

Well I am sure I can find you a place to crash in Toronto.. I am in woodbridge, right next to Canadas Wonderland
                We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Let me know of any arrangements in T.O.
                  I'm in kitchener (about an hour away), but could be tricked into a MURC meeting.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Well you keep talking about doing a MURC meeting, if it takes me to fly half way around the globe, so be it reason for long in advance plans is 1) I start a new job on tuesday, and I need to plan holidays soon, 2) the sooner I book the cheaper I can make it all.

Damn I is gunna have to buy a map of the states now.
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

Good Luck with the new job
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                        Well you keep talking about doing a MURC meeting
                        How about 'the cannonball' , Hiway 407 and Dixie rd.
                        you fellow torontonians should know where this is.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

a new england (nh) stop is mandatory ya know

as for good places to eat...i cant think of a better cook than...ME

saves on your budget
                          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

hehe, yes budget, hrm trying not to think too much about budget, been doing to much of that the last few years...
                            Juu nin to iro

Comment

Hitting Denver would give you a chance to meet up with Kruzin, dghost, and me.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X